Home Forums Let’s Talk Photography Radio flash trigger

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    emf
    Participant

Hi guys,

Can I ask if anyone uses these, probably everyone, and if anyone has any recommendations? I use  a fairly cheap interfit exd200 external light. I have a sb800 too and a d700. I have been using sync leads up til now, but they keep falling out, getting tangled round stuff etc. and are a bit of a pain.

Would be very grateful of any advise/recommendations. I’m in the UK.

picarusslim
    Participant

I’m UK (Yorkshire)

I use a really cheap generic brand (usually sold under different names) that work fine.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/XCSOURCE-Channel-Wireless-Trigger-Receiver/dp/B009WKROPS/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1416047255&sr=1-4&keywords=sony+flash+trigger

(couldn’t get the link button to work)

picarusslim
    Participant

Sorry, i should add that these are for flashguns. i have no idea about flash heads.

EyeDocPhotog
    Participant

I use YN622C ETTL flash triggers. They are ~$85 a pair on Amazon the last I looked, about 6 months ago. They are really versatile, both receivers AND transceivers, so each can be used interchangeably on either the flash or the hot shoe of the camera – and can be used as a passthru for flash on camera while providing all other flash functions.

A really good user guide (the one provided with the unit is a tad brief, to say the least, and reads as though it was written in another language and passed thru Google translate)

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B77OmmGIg0gMVFpqNkpBYXBHajA/edit?pli=1

emf
    Participant

Thanks very much guys, I will investigate both options.

nesgran
    Participant

The basic yongnuo yn-602s are good as well, cheaper than the 622s and will fire your studio strobes with the right cabling. They can also be used for remote shutter, again with the right cabling.

emf
    Participant

Thanks Nesgran, I will check them out as well.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.