Home Forums Main YANAP Discussion Forum Prince George

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ciao_chao
    Participant

First of all thank you for the YANAP blog, I’ve been following it for a little over a year now, occasionally commenting there and it’s produced some good laughs. This is my first time on the forum, as I’ve come across something that hasn’t been mentioned yet.

Those of you in the UK may be familiar already with the news of Prince George (William and Kate’s first son), and recently the first official photographs were released by Kensington Palace. Very quickly the photos came under fire, for their lack of qualities, and the following day it transpired that they were taken by Kate’s grandfather. So it seems that even the Royal Family these days aren’t shying away from the “Uncle Bob” phenomena.

For me, it’s a real face-palm moment. The Royal Wedding was shot by none other than Mario Testino, but the first photos of a future king? Nah, let’s get the boy’s grandpa in…

Here’s one of the pictures, from the BBC News Article.

emf
    Participant

I think it was quite a calculated move to ‘normalise’ themselves.

Silver
    Participant

I think its sweet.  They will probably have more professional ones done later on.  At lease he didn’t charge them.  hahah

Brownie
    Participant

That’s the first thing I thought when I saw them. Surely a simple diffused fill flash could’ve been used.

But whatever, it definitely does make them seem more like the new family across the street instead of royalty.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.