Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? please tell me what you think of my photography. Im open for critique

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    cpritt1014
    Participant
    creyes8519
    Participant

Some of your pictures are not bad.

Composition in most pictures are real good (IMO).   Lighting and white balance you need to work on. Stop over-editing.  You’re over-doing it with the contrast on some pics.  Some of your subjects look yellow/orange.  Some pics have harsh shadows.  I’m going to point out a couple of images that I thought stood out to me as having a lot of potential and give you an example of something that you can work on

My favorite picture is:

http://www.facebook.com/calebprittphoto/photos_stream#!/photo.php?fbid=378136545589176&set=a.227083210694511.54851.138050482931118&type=3&theater

Lighting is nice (a little tiny bit off but not bad at all), and the model is not half-bad to look at even though he looks a little bored.  My only real complaint is his skin tone.  It looks unnatural and orange.  If you shot this in RAW, you can still fix this and get a nice color.  Online there are plenty of resources and you can read up on white balance.

My second favorite:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=382395375163293&set=a.227083210694511.54851.138050482931118&type=3&theater

Beautiful subject.  I love her tattoos, her dress, her make-up, her hair… she is super cute.  Location is nice.  I would just say that taking a shot of a model from below can be a little unflattering (can create a double chin, for instance).

You’ve got a lot of nice portraits but like I said, some things can be worked on.

BTW, I am not a seasoned professional or anything.  I’m just passing on to you things that I’ve learned along the way.   I  did a photoshoot (of someone who couldn’t afford a photographer so made me take pictures of them instead in exchange for some of their mother’s cooking) and I overdid the tilt thing… I think 8 out of 10 shots were tilted because I thought tilted shots were “professional looking” lol.     I’m sure some real photographers may be able to give you better critique.

lovethissite
    Participant

Awesome work your doing great

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.