Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Please Someone… Make it STOP.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    BrieSuz18
    Participant

So, for the past year or so this guy has been my friend on facebook. He’s a “nice guy” but his photos are embarrassing. Just seeing his posts make me mad. lol. Why haven’t i deleted this guy you ask?? WELL, he’s a friend. Ugh. And I’ll never hear the freaking end of it.

ANYWAYS

here’s his info in his “about me” section

I am a photographer and love taking pictures. that is the one thing i love more than anyone else. All the models i have had a chance to work with light up my life and bring me great joy. if you need a photographer hit me up and lets make something beautiful. You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein, including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other “picture” art posted on my profile. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control. The contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Seriously? No one wants to steal his crap.

He organizes these photoshoots with these “models” aka trashy girls looking to get half naked (that’s not me even being rude anymore I’m being 100% honest. they are not the best people) and then gets pissed and rants on facebook half didn’t show.

Or worse. He’ll make fun of other DECENT photographers. Since he “went to school” (doubt it) he apparently knows all there is to know and these other people with an actual eye for photography are terrible. He’s OBVIOUSLY better.

When in all actuality half of the fauxtographers on this website are better than him…

https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.2881886059201.134878.1621575355&type=3

that’s just one album.

SOMEONE, please tell me it’s not just me thinking this.

shhhitsasecret
    Participant

can’t see anything.  Content Unavailable.

jetpix
    Participant

I LOVE idiots like this!

“The contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE”

How funny!  He has placed the information on a public forum, thereby eviscerating any right to confidentiality, whether or not he posts a disclaimer to the contrary.  The UCC is inapplicable here, as there is no transaction (contract) between himself and anyone disclosing the information.

Everybody thinks they are a photographer.  Everybody thinks they are a lawyer.  This guy thinks he is both.

fstopper89
    Participant

Yeah, can’t see his stuff since his profile is private. But I can imagine what his work is like. There are a couple of “model photographers” in my area, who are really just creepy middle-aged men who find the trashiest (yes, they are trashy) girls to get half-naked. Basically just what you described. Their photos show no technical ability, they just get lots of likes because it’s of a girl with hardly any clothes on. One of these guys I know somewhat personally, as he goes out to the bars with his fancy camera and takes pictures of girls dancing and shows them his portfolio and dupes them into having a photoshoot. Tried getting me to do it, but he creeped me out too much.

BrieSuz18
    Participant

I didn’t even think about his profile being private. I forgot it’s not a like page… ugh

http://alternativephotograp.wix.com/alternative-photography

there’s his website! =D (hah) it’s just such a GREAT example of the kind of work he does.

Also check out the news section, you can see how whiney he truely is….

BrieSuz18
    Participant

And after checking out the “gallery” i’ve realized that his photos are all super old. and not even what he does now. lol. too bad you guys cant see this. I mean if you really want add him as a friend on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/#!/alternativephotograph?fref=ts then when you are feeling down and feel like you can’t go on anymore look at his photos and remind yourself it could always be worse.

fstopper89
    Participant

Yeah, his photos on his Wix site are horrible. There was one I thought was technically-sound, properly-colored and exposed, and the pose was interesting. It was the girl laying on the motorcycle. The rest are spot-colored and blurry crap. And I use to have a Wix site, but deleted it. Hated how slow it was and I think that’s all the Flash that causes it. It is just  not user-friendly and probably not mobile-friendly either.

dont.care
    Participant

bwaha! What the hell.. I hate selective color.. I know this is off topic but the one thing that creeps me out the most is .. grey babies .. in a colorful world.. but yea selective color is dreadful and honestly the bane of photoshop.. I can’t really see many details in his photos as the resolution is so small. But that really stands out..  And strange blur on the train, i’m assuming a photoshop motion blur filter.. but ya he thinks he’s Picasso 😀 especially that whacked out 16bit HDR job on the sky/tower.. Single exposure + photoshop HDR filter. <– That never works good.

BrieSuz18
    Participant

I located a “like” page. . .

It’s not updated with his “new & improved” (LOL) stuff as much as his actual fb page. but here it is https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alternative-Photography/194260560605955?sk=photos_albums#!/pages/Alternative-Photography/194260560605955

I had a wix site once too. It was terrible. the mobile version never loaded EVER after spending all that time constructing it from scratch. ugh. I just said forget it. lol. deleted the whole thing.

AGREED when it comes to the selective color thing. When i see people complementing other fauxtogs work on selective coloring and other fauxtogs like omg i’ve been trying to do this?!…… no please just stop. I can’t handle it hahaha. why is that entire baby grey and her “fairy wings” are pink? overly saturated pink at that….. i dont understand.

Yes in the beginning i was a victim to selective coloring. on my cell i loved playing with the apps. and a couple of clients have begged and pleaded me to selective color some of their images… but now I dont let them bully me lol. just no.

BrieSuz18
    Participant
    dont.care
    Participant

Yeah… that’s definitely alternative photography. What’s up with the makeup? I dunno.. horrid conglomerate of photos meshed together to form a new species of photography? Seems pretty weak in lighting.. Are all those photos his? I don’t think that some belong to him.. There’s too much variation between quality of work.. just my opinion

BrieSuz18
    Participant

HAHA i said the exact same thing when i first saw his page. alternative is definitely a way to describe his work.

It’s from the movie The Crow. . .

Not all of them are his, theres a timeline photo that’s not his. and the “crow” album (not of the “models”) isn’t his work.

His work HAS changed via his facebook page. I can see…. improvement. but definitely not to that level.

he’s also been doing photo manipulations now.

It’s sad when the man in my area who is legally BLIND can take better photos than him. (his photos are actually outstanding just rather…. raunchy…. he’s the creepy guy who gets women half naked AND THEN makes the news and makes the women look fab =P)

dont.care
    Participant

lol yea i dont touch nudes/boudoir.. I don’t need nor want that type of niche.. There’s a potentiality of financial ruin in just 1 minor oversight not to mention the legality of a pissed off model that says you “tried” something.. I realize contracts and agreements but none-the-less it’s not my forte..

BrieSuz18
    Participant

Yeah… he’s a brave guy. Theres been a lot of issues. one of the guys on the local radio station here was caught watching them, behind a bush, masturbating. It was really scary since there were alot of photographers who used that location (secluded beach area) to shoot. and alot of females.

He runs a normal ole photography business and does family portraits and senior pics all the normal stuff. but then seperately on a totally different site under a totally different name he does the nudes and such. There’s always rumors he’s sleeping with the models or whatever but honestly that’s his business and if he wants to be paid in…. interesting currency go for it bro. not my issue hahaha. atleast he’s not a fauxtog AND getting half naked girls in front of his camera in abandoned buildings!!

fstopper89
    Participant

As females, we have an advantage if we would want to do nudes or boudoir, naturally I think women would be more comfortable. It’s not something I really want to do right now either. At least not nudes. Boudoir I might think about doing but I prefer more tame modelish stuff.

I just get wary when I hear of these young women around my age going to get photos done by some guy for their “modeling portfolio” because most of it turns out raunchy.

I know this guy kind of, according to people who really know him he “comes off creepy” but totally is not. He is supposedly a professional photographer, he has some really good work, and then some really bad work or bad editing on good photos. He does girls’ makeup and hair for their photo shoots. He claims he used to live in FL and shoot lots of top-notch models, and has an album on FB of his Florida models, but they are small sized images and totally inconsistent with a lot of his other work, I have doubts he really did… but I don’t know for sure.

Here are some of his shots:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2451663850012&set=a.2451660809936.141283.1204486653&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2127771752912&set=a.2127768352827.128322.1204486653&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2022701246215&set=a.2022695326067.122968.1204486653&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2100117581575&set=a.2100117101563.126902.1204486653&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4001920445458&set=a.1929902806312.114710.1204486653&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1331095196496&set=a.1331069275848.49410.1204486653&type=3&theater

Totally inconsistent, right?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.