Home Forums Site Information Other photography sites besides FB

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    catz’more
    Participant

I was wondering if it is possible to post images from other websites besides FB? I know FB has tons of wanna bees but so do other sites. Take Redbubble for example. For just $22 you can buy this http://www.redbubble.com/people/jordonwicks/works/9168511-red-flowers?p=poster

Nightrose
    Participant

Haha, that’s a great find!

catz’more
    Participant

Oh there are much worse. We could start our own Friday special :-))

A22
    Participant

lol if that ever gets sold I think I’ll start selling my pictures

Mrs Woo
    Participant

I hadn’t realized it was only FB photos (though there are a lot of people who use Flickr for nothing more than personal photo sharing, etc.)?

You guys need to check out this guy’s stuff – he apparently is trying to work the “if I price it really high people will think it is really special and obviously worth it” idea.  Or maybe Barnum’s “there’s a sucker born every minute?”

http://www.etsy.com/listing/76253986/the-swan-princess-tragedy-20×30-print

zohh
    Participant

Don’t forget deviantArt!  Of course, the main thing that has to be taken into consideration with that site is that a lot of teenagers use it, so their poor photography is a bit more forgivable.

sayguy
    Participant

After seeing that photo from Mrs. Woo’s link and price tag, I don’t want to live on this planet anymore!

Mrs Woo
    Participant

I just keep wondering if he has ever sold anything?  Most of his stuff doesn’t really strike me as anything special.

Brownie
    Participant

Good lord, that’s ridiculous.

stef
    Participant

lol!

I hate to say it, I kind of like that swan pic. But I left my wallet in my other pants.

Mrs Woo
    Participant

ROFL at “left my wallet in my other pants.”

HennyM
    Participant

is that a dead swan?

he should try submitting it to some photo contests… section: nature

EDIT:
    Oh, wow, now i’ve seen the price tag. I REALLY NEED THIS PICTURE! ON MY WALL! LIKE NOW!

EDIT2:

Is he only taking photos of dead animals or dead animal parts? and does he kill them himself?

fstopper89
    Participant

Awhile back my friend linked me to that guy from Alaska with the outrageous prices. Who’s to say he wouldn’t just print it again and claim it’s one of a kind? Get real… lol. The swan pic isn’t horrible, but he has a theme it seems of dead animals. Some of his pics are of pine trees with blue-tinted snow due to his snobbery about “not editing at all.”

A few years ago I got a DeviantART account to post some photos, but deleted my account due to animated emoticons flying all over the place and the fact that every page of images was full of stupid emo kids posting photos of their striped knee socks or them making a duck face in their bathroom mirror. Flickr is much nicer, I’ve found several amazing photogs there and it’s much more of an art-oriented community.

Sassy
    Participant

I disagree, that swan pic is horrible. Could have been cool if composed differently and converted to black and white. Seriously to say its not horrible is odd, when you mean it’s not horrible do you mean because its focused and exposed not too bad? Do tell browneyedgirl 🙂

fstopper89
    Participant

I didn’t mean it was that good, it’s just not the worst like what’s on this site’s front page. It’s in focus (well, from the etsy post seems to be anyway) and it’s exposure is blah but not really over or under. The snow isn’t blue at least. It’s interesting, though creepy, subject matter. You’re right though, the composition is really blah too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.