Home Forums Main YANAP Discussion Forum One of the city's finest?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ukblueeyes
    Participant

Mr. Greig Stott is recognised as one of the city’s finest photographers.  By whom?  Himself?  Seriously?  Please take a look at some of his ‘work’ and tell me if you agree.

He over uses posterization, his white balance is scary, he’s got some crazy crops (heads and shoulders missing) and he doesn’t know an F-stop from a bus stop.  However, he deems he is capable of ANY type of photography.  Weddings, graduations or any other special occasion.

Bright Lights Big City

The Bright Lights of Central London

Merry Christmas Dundee City

Proud parents on daughter's graduation day

watcha lookin at?

Polar Prince - Stannergate Dock - Dundee Scotland

Spice up your kitchen

Dundas Square TORONTO

Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes

Then, when you’ve done that, check out his Facebook Page where he has almost 500 LIKES.

http://www.facebook.com/picturesquevidsandimages

For a really good chuckle check out the RECENT FEEDBACK section of his ABOUT ME on his Facebook page.

Is it just me, or is Greig  just a bit delusional about his talent?

stef
    Participant

I don’t have a big problem with him.

Chopping off the head was because it’s a saying about shoes… blur is intentional on other shots.

He’s gimmicky, but he’s trying to do fine art. It automatically won’t appeal to everyone, but who cares? It’s not an event you hired him for.

soaringturkeys
    Participant

500 likes is nothing… It’s not really a bragging point at all. But he’s an artist. I think that you might sound either a little jealous about how many likes he has or you just want to bring him down.

Arts not everyones cup of tea.

cameraclicker
    Participant

The only one I like of those you picked out is the child.  The FB page and Flickr have some better images.  Dundee has a population of just over 150,000 so it is a much smaller pool than a place like LA, New York, or London.  Perhaps he is one of the top photographers in his area.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.