Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? On behalf of this "photog"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    AndyF
    Participant
    joe
    Participant

What are you talking about those are fantastic!  blap blup, i just puked in my mouth a little…  Love the white brush tool backgrounds.

sayguy
    Participant

To say this bluntly, yes!

lolz
    Participant

This has to be someone submitting someone else’s photos as a joke. I am not sure how you could, in good conscience, put a link of these photos up, then ask with a straight face if these are good or not.

If this is the case, you are an ass. If these are truly your own photographs, you need to intern under someone for a while.

Brownie
    Participant

Yeahhhh…no.

kelseyG
    Participant

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151151704860586&set=a.10151029184245586.477535.510790585&type=1&theater

EEK! I am not a photographer by any means but this is just poor. I have had bad photos taken before and these are not what I want to look at 20 years from now…not even a day from now….sorry…

kelseyG
    Participant
    joe
    Participant

There is a huge difference between what kelsay posted and andy posted.  The second link you posted kelsey had some nice shots followed by some over processed bad shots.  The link Andy posted had bad shots followed up with worse shots and then horrible shots that literally made me puke in my mouth…

stef
    Participant

lol, ouch.

There’s a submit button at the top of the page. You don’t need to post other people’s shots here in irony. That’s just douchey.

(Posting someone else’s shots here without pretending they’re yours is not so douchey.)

hellomarcy
    Participant

that’s andyf’s photos 🙂

stef
    Participant

double-ouch

hellomarcy
    Participant

stef arey ou on fb ? 🙂 check my stuff out you big bad meanie. im still new too

hellomarcy
    Participant

so dont be mean or ill kick your butt >:(

hellomarcy
    Participant

oh and thats me on the profile picture :))))

stef
    Participant

Hellomarcy, I didn’t really see this thread since you requested comments on someone else’s.

You’re a little heavy-handed on the skin processing, but overall looks good. I saw a few things I would’ve done differently, but that’s just artistic interpretation.

I like your font. It’s not Neutraface, but it’s clean and modern. (You know I don’t have any heavy criticism when I actually talk about your font choice.)

A lot of your photography is shot with the camera tilted down a bit… this is causing some body distortion (long torso, short legs). Since you’re doing fashion stuff, you should get a little bit lower and shoot with the camera back more parallel to your subject. You might use a longer lens and take a few steps back. However, a lot of fashion photography looks better shot at eye level, in which case you can either shoot wide and crop, or adjust the vertical a bit in post processing. If you choose the latter, remember that you’re fixing distortion, not introducing new distortion, so don’t make people look freakishly tall either.

Depending what kind of lighting you want to use, you can avoid heavy shadows from hair on the face by shooting into the part (with light on the same side). This would’ve helped on some of your shots, by giving short lighting instead of broad lighting which is also more slimming, esp on the face. https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/s720x720/208922_473446789350679_1017480067_n.jpg

Obviously, you’re not a fauxtographer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.