Home Forums Photography Showcase Newborn Photography

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    nairbynairb
    Participant

Today I took a picture of my 4-day old girl, and I was quite pleased with how it turned out. It’s my first time doing any type of newborn photography.

Please let me know what you think!

IMG_1825

dstone81
    Participant

Aww she is cute. I have no critiques (seeing as I am new to this) but I just wanted to say she is adorable.

nairbynairb
    Participant

Haha, thank you!

She’s been just a perfect little baby ๐Ÿ™‚

kbee
    Participant

Congratulations on your daughter’s birth! I am jealous simply because if I had an infant in the house, you’d bet your buttons I’d be snapping like crazy. ๐Ÿ™‚

My critique: it seems a tad overexposed to me, simply because her shirt blends straight into the background and there’s little detail in the blanket in the foreground. That said, I do love the light and soft portraits some of my favorite children photographers take. Softer lighting – not quite so directional and harsh where it casts obvious shadows on her legs and neck – would be nice as well.

Positioning: I would face her more on to the camera so her body doesn’t fade off into the background, giving her a larger head in appearance.ย  It would also allow you to give the impression she’s looking at the camera and just not down at something. Then pull back a bit more so as not to cut off her body, and just to emphasise how small she really is with a bit more space around her.

And she’s a got a little touch ofย  red in her skin tone, so I’d tone that down just a bit while keeping the pink in the clothing.

Now I’m done picking – I’m not a child photographer, but those are my suggestions – and I want to say I do like the photo. It’s very sweet, and I’m sure you’re going to have plenty and plenty of opportunities to play with her again, so enjoy it. Those days fly so fast!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.