Home Forums Main YANAP Discussion Forum my introduction

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    stef
    Participant

I’ve been a full-time pro for several years in the USA. I studied studio art in college and have a degree (in something else) with Art as my minor. There’s a good chance I’m older than you, so get off my lawn. I shoot weddings and portraits, and a lot of commercial (to make up for the really crappy markup of weddings and portraits :-). I am my own biggest critic, but no, I’m not going to post my work. Nor am I even going to get into that conversation except for this one paragraph. I don’t think I’m the best photographer out there, and am humbled by better photographers, including one or two in my own town. But I’m technically good with some of the most difficult photography — food and portraits — and I get more and more business despite my best efforts at being a really bad salesman.

After seeing the forums when this place went live, I decided that I will occasionally respond to requests in the “Am I a Fauxtog?” forum. They’ll be fairly comprehensive critiques, and I will try to offer constructive advice to improve.

But there will be one caveat:
    I plan on drinking before responding.

If it’s posted late at night, it’s most likely a drunken response. Why would I try to post constructive criticism while drunk? Because fuck you, that’s why. My critiques will always conclude with answering the question: Are you a fauxtog or photog?

hellomarcy
    Participant

stef. i love you šŸ™‚ heheeeeeehehehee you’re like my forum crush. can you at least answer this one question? what are you drinkin šŸ˜‰ because i just quit my bartending job in vegas and moved back homeeeeeeeeeeeee to san jose.

stef
    Participant

lol

Right now, it’s a double of Makers.

dicksforeyes
    Participant
    jetpix
    Participant

Grow up. Ā You have the mentality of a 5 year old.

Maybe you are a 5 year old pretending to be an adult? Ā Would explain a lot of things . . . . .

dicksforeyes
    Participant

You’re dribbling oatmeal everywhere again.

jetpix
    Participant

Stop drinking the Kool-Aid. . . .

hellomarcy
    Participant

ah mr sophisticated over here šŸ˜‰

flyfisher
    Participant

Stef:

Superb post. In the military we called that a “preemptive strike”.

This sort of relates to your post. I have been what’s called a gym rat for many years. I was a competitive bodybuilder and in the off-season (for me) a competitive power-lifter. In the gym you have two types of people; those that walk around dolling out advice to everybody and don’t know their ass from their face and those like me who go thertrain work, get done and get out and that don’t give advice, in fact I don’t talk with anyone at all. The rule here, you don’t have to talk (in your case-show) anything to prove we know exactly what we are doing. I too follow your rules. I am my own biggest critic (maybe a little OCD towards perfection in my case) and don’t need to show my work. But I’m not so stupid that I won’t ask the all important question, when needed.

What was the purpose of the knucklehead posting the video loop as part of this? Ā I can’t evenBering myself to describe it here. Ā Some people, I guessā€¦

flyfisher
    Participant

See above. Just found the edit button.

dicksforeyes
    Participant

In the military we called that a ā€œpreemptive strikeā€.

The military can apparently rationalize just about anything with that phrase.

What was the purpose of the knucklehead posting the video loop as part of this?

Preemptive strike.

jetpix
    Participant

What was the purpose of the knucklehead posting the video loop as part of this?”

Just an obnoxious infant having a rant.

Ignore the troll.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.