Home Forums Main YANAP Discussion Forum MORE Flickr help (nothing to do with the last one!)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Worst Case Scenario
    Participant

So I’ve just opened a Flickr account and I can’t get it to do what I want, so hopefully some one with more experience can tell me if it’s possible.

Firstly my name is not Mo Mc Cormick, that’s just an email address I use when I want to wind people up. I was hoping to have the user name worst case scenario on flickr as well. Is it possible to change it?

To try and show that it’s not my real name I made up a title banner / cover image

http://www.flickr.com/photos/101923681@N02/9783793445/

and fiddled around with it until the arrows lined up in the right places. I saved the changes, but now every time I open the page it’s been enlarged and no longer fits. any suggestions?

Also I’d like to separate my shots from pics I put up just for the banner, and any others that I put up as examples of  techniques. Is there a way to create folders or albums as per Facebook?

cameraclicker
    Participant

Flickr has sets.  Sets are useful to me when I shoot an event.  All the photos go into a set, the photos and set are tagged to display to family and friends, then a guest pass is created and sent to those who might be interested in that set of photos.  If the photos are tagged as anyone can see them, then they show up in the photo stream and are mixed in with everything else.  If you search Flickr members for memyselfandi_photography, you will see the photos I put into the threads here.  When I log into Flickr, I see there are 230 photos but if I don’t log in, there are only 88 photos.  If you click Sets, you will see one set called Structures.  You can see the same photos at the bottom of the photo stream.

Flickr is free with any email address, or at least with any Yahoo email address.  I have one that is tangled up with a Rogers address but it is old and Rogers had an agreement for a while that provided a pro Flickr account included with the Rogers service.  My other Flickr account is just associated with a single email address.  Yahoo email accounts are free too.

Create a new email account or use another existing one and create a fresh Flickr account the way you want it to look for the intended application.  That way you can keep work and personal photos separated.

cameraclicker
    Participant

If I’m following your question about the banner…  My banner at the site above is just the seagulls photo provided by Flickr.  I have lots of seagull photos so I just left theirs in place.  As I resize the window, the tail of the gull moves from the edge of Favorites toward the middle of the window and it looses altitude.  The photo must keep the left pixels and is resized if the window is wider than the image.  So, if you put up a banner image that’s 3000 px wide by what ever the height has to be, your arrows should stay in place regardless of window size unless someone has a huge monitor with amazing resolution.

cameraclicker
    Participant

Firstly my name is not Mo Mc Cormick, that’s just an email address I use when I want to wind people up. I was hoping to have the user name worst case scenario on flickr as well. Is it possible to change it?

My Flickr name does not match my email address.  I chose the name when I created the account.  I don’t know if you can change it later or not.  But if the name is available you can definitely choose it at the time you create the account.

cameraclicker
    Participant

I see Flickr also has Galleries.  When logged in, click on You, then Galleries.  It will tell you, you don’t have any, and offer a link to see how to do them.

Worst Case Scenario
    Participant

Thanks CC, I’m not fully in control yet, but the beast is much tamer now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.