Home Forums Let’s Talk Photography Looking for a wedding photographer…

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    cameraclicker
    Participant
    Julie_bride
    Participant

I am continuing to get emails from this forum I guess from my original post… sorry I didn’t post responses earlier.

Yes, we found our photographer. I took the advice of the cameraclick gentleman and looked in Manhattan. We found this company and hired him on the spot. We pointed out his website is out of date, but he said that’s because his wedding portfolio work is in book form, as is most of his other work. It’s beautiful stuff, not at all like your average wedding photos. Very unique and ‘artsy.’ We spoke to 2 couples who hired him, and they raved about his work.

He’s a little pricey ($7,250), but he’s shot for magazines, pro sports teams and high end weddings and other events. He also does video. He has a team of 7 people who work with him at the event – 2 photographers, one video person, and a few ‘extra’ runners to hold equipment and such.

Thanks for all the help. 🙂

cameraclicker
    Participant

Awesome!  Delighted you found someone who will do a good job for you.

Weddings are curious things.  Really a big party, but most of it is only a memory once the bride and groom leave.  The music, food, and venue are done by the end of the night.  Some of the cake may keep for a year or two.  Only the relationship and photography/videography live on for children and grandchildren to see.

Best wishes for your day, and your lives together.

nesgran
    Participant

Best of luck on your wedding day Julia!

As for seeing more photos, if you say what the password is and give you enough clues to get said password in one single googling you have basically left the password in the open and you as well not have bothered. What I saw wasn’t cherry picked portfolio photos but rather the harsh reality of the crap being delivered to paying customers.

Bill
    Participant

Julia, glad you found a photographer and hope the best for you.

I am glad to see that you “seem” like a person who understands that you sometimes get what you pay for. Now, it may not hold true for every photographer, some charge good $$ and still suck (to be so blatant).
    Now some may see your $7,000 price tag for a photographer and freak out and try to say your overpaying. In the scheme of things, and of all the other costs of getting married, that $7,000 will go a long way over the other items.

Think of this:
    How many times after you get married, do you bring out your wedding dress to show everyone, probably never, most would say, but maybe once every so many years or to hand down to your daughter.

The place where you have your ceremony, how many time will everyone gather back there to celebrate?

Of all the things that you spend money on for your wedding, who will honestly remember the food, the DJ, the place settings and so on?

That $7K you spend will last the entire length of your marriage (hopefully, it is a long one).

Video is nice, but in reality, not many people but the wedding couple really watch it, if they do it will most likely to see what shenanigans went on before the ceremony and during the reception.
    Photos on the other hand, no matter if they are digital or print, can be shared without having to sit through the boring parts.

Good luck and enjoy!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.