Home Forums Photography Showcase Latest set-opinions?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    snaphappy
    Participant

These are some senior pictures I took of my cousin.  I didn’t get paid for these.  I really like them though, quite a bit actually.  I am usually super hard on myself though so I would like some opinions.  Let me know what you think!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sarahnphotos/sets/72157634327395134/

cameraclicker
    Participant

Usually shooting up someone’s nose is not recommended.

The stairs photo has an interesting twist or two.  The seam in the stairs lines up with a crease in her dress and the perspective makes her appear to defy gravity.  Others may disagree, I think it is interesting, but not a good portrait.

Why did you take a photo of her chest?  Being male, I always enjoy that view, but again, not a good portrait.  The one down into the book is a better angle as it has her profile.

The rest are pretty reasonable.

snaphappy
    Participant

I can take those three off. I see what you are saying and agree.

Thomas
    Participant

Don’t be harsh on yourself, you clearly have a good grasp of what you are doing, I wouldn’t necessarily say you were faux if you were charging. Of the 6 shots left on the flickr page I like the last 4 a lot. The first one (in colour) and the where she is sat down with a brick wall behind just don’t grab me as much. I’m not saying they are bad, I just really like the others. The last 2 are gorgeous in my opinion.

Worst Case Scenario
    Participant

Love the shot of her sat on the book shop floor. If it were mine I’d do some work on the lens distortion to straighten up the shelves and maybe loose the big lettering on the window. But I think it’s great anyway.

cameraclicker
    Participant

I was going to comment on the leaning shelves.   Then I saw the window was square and figured out the shelves must have been built wider at the bottom, which is a good idea as it takes more to tip them over then.

snaphappy
    Participant

Whoa, I realize I never cam back and thanked you for your opinions! I apologize! And Thank you for taking your time to look at my photos. I appreciate it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.