Home Forums Main YANAP Discussion Forum kind of funny / mostly sad

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    saraann
    Participant

Have you all seen this? http://meg-bitton-hates-me.blogspot.com/

Thoughts

cameraclicker
    Participant

US$550 for an hour and a half webinar?  We are in the wrong racket!

nesgran
    Participant

Who in their right mind pays $550 for that?

I’d never heard of her before so I googled, you can buy the 20 digital pictures from your $1000 session for the small sum of $10000 or $750 per image, a printed 16×20 is $395. Don’t get me wrong, she is a good photographer but that is a bit silly. Then she has Colin Hay playing on her website and you can’t seem to mute it.

jillane
    Participant

The funniest part about that Colin hayes song is if you call his attorney and ask how much for a web license he doesnt know because he’s never sold a web license for that song.

jillane
    Participant

Try it, it’s hard not cracking up and telling him.

foxtog
    Participant

Taken the webinar.  I gave her a stunning review because she asked for it.    She is good at photoshop and does advocate shooting it right in camera.  But honestly, I expected more.  The photoshop part was about 50 minutes and the images were processed Raw to finished.  She does not use actions, she does however use plugins and filters.  Then the remainder was to be a q&a session, but I guess the women I took the class with were too starstruck to properly utilize this session and ended up telling her how wonderful she was.  So I gather, I paid 10 dollars a minute to see how she processes a photo that was correct to start with.  Kind of pointless.  I want to see a webinar with normal people not models, and processing some real issues.   Meg’s style is not new, it’s not avantegard or whatever she calls it.  It’s a fad and with every fad – it will disappear.  Find your own path and don’t pay someone 550 dollars to suck them off.

cameraclicker
    Participant
    stef
    Participant

What the hell am I reading?

Someone signed up and paid for a course, decided they didn’t want to take it, threatened to reverse payment on the innocent teacher, then when the teacher is trying to find someone else to take the seat she’s getting attacked?

Small minds and small people deserve no attention.

cameraclicker
    Participant

http://meg-bitton-hates-me.blogspot.com/ seems to have been taken down.

bevlindarz
    Participant

which one?

cala99
    Participant

foxtog – which plugins did she discuss? always looking for new ones!

donna
    Participant

I dont know what you are talking about. I have seen her edit in person and online and she never used any filter or plug in. Way to be a liar.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.