Home Forums Photography Showcase Just a couple of shots from a headshot session

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jones
    Participant

Hey everyone. Just wanted to share a couple of shots from a headshot session and get some feedback. There’s just two, so I know that’s not necessarily the best representation of everything, but at least there’s a couple different looks here.

Thanks!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63706846@N08/9972879245/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63706846@N08/9973011463/

Jones
    Participant

Just a note — for some reason, it would seem that on my iphone, the colors look really unattractive: desaturated and not at all how it looks on the computer. I have no idea why, but check on a computer if possible.

Bill
    Participant

They look nice.  I like the smiling kid one better, the other looks like he is going to smack you, lol.

The top one, kid smiling, nice catchlight, looks like you used a bounce-back umbrella.

The second  one, mad kid [jk], looks like it is 2 of you, an assistant or someone holding a reflector.

Jones
    Participant

Thanks, Bill! The top one was shot with a Paul buff plm with the white diffusion over it. Kind of like an umbrella, but find it behaves more softbox/octa-ish. Can’t beat it for the price, and I definitely swear by mine.Love the near-round catchlights from it. Because I don’t have PCB lights though I have to get the umbrella version and it’s reflected. Still think it looks nice. I got to talk with the mother of the boy, and she said the casting director actually wanted a few that were serious/tough. Glad to know I pulled it off! Haha. Thank you for the feedback.

nairbynairb
    Participant

I love both of those shots! Nice shallow depth of field with the eyes being tack-sharp.

Great job, bud!

Jones
    Participant

Thank you very much — worked really hard for the opportunity to get that job. Children models (especially this particular one!) have even less time than adult ones. I appreciate the kind comments.

Bill
    Participant

@Jones – Those Buff umbrellas are pretty good, I have a few myself and I to must say I swear by them.  They are nice and easy to set up, a bit easier then a soft-box and somewhat easier to pack for on the go.  I got one of those giant ass 86″ silver PLM’s but have yet to use it on a shoot.  Word to the wise, never try to set one of those up in bright sunlight, you’ll get what it feels like to be a hot pocket, LOL.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.