Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Is this person a fauxtog?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Cam
    Participant
    fstopper89
    Participant

No, though he definitely seems to over-edit a lot of the shots. But, that certainly doesn’t mean he doesn’t also have “clean” edits he has presented the clients with, and maybe just posted the ones with more effects on them. Some look overexposed. I think he has some technical stuff to work on, (a couple looked too soft and the coloring of some looked off) but he has a pretty consistent style, and what I feel is a good understanding of his lenses/equpiment. He does a lot of very wide-angle shots, some maybe with a fisheye lense (?) and I see A LOT of great emotion conveyed in the images. He seems to catch the moment well.

I used to post more of the photos I had done extra effects to and a friend of mine suggested I also post the clean edits, so that clients can see that I do consistent normal editing and not just the more wild effects, so I started doing that more. Often clients love the fun stuff to use on their Facebook profile pics, etc, but every client is going to want all the photos from their session to look consistent also.

dawnofthedeadling
    Participant

From what I’ve seen, no. He does really good work. He has an artistic way about it, though. While some images are edited way too much and some are blurry with a lot of noise, it’s just the general way he does things. Sometimes, depending on what you’re doing, those kind of things are OKAY. Remind you, this is MY opinion. Sometimes, those kinda things can create a lot of emotion depending on how it is used or how an image is captured. I would not rate this photographer as a fauxtographer. He is very creative with his work.

reality check
    Participant

Not crazy for some of the post work.  Namely the jaundice filter/action being used, but over all… No, not a fauxtog

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.