Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? I'm afraid I might be one of them?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ssaunders0009
    Participant

Please look through my flickr account and let me know if I’m one of them… a fauxtog?!  Look over the terrible name for the page. I just wanted something that didn’t have my name in it. Look through all the pics! Thanks!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/blacktulipphotography/page1/

stef
    Participant

Lot of overprocessing, especially oversaturation.

You need to concentrate on seeing light, specifically seeing shadows. Faces need certain shadows, and you’re overprocessing them to a fault.

While I don’t expect to see your work on the front of this webpage, you need a lot of work on camera control, especially exposure, and tone down the processing. I believe you’re shooting with the intent to “fix it in post”, which is a huge problem.

There are exactly two things you should consider when thinking of fixing something in post.

Cropping

Levels (tonal range and contrast)

Work on your crops. That will help a lot. Do an experiment: Try to ONLY crop and adjust levels in post. Make an entire album doing ONLY those two things. Then, ask a photographer friend to crop and adjust some of the same images (without showing him your version) and compare. It will be a learning experience for both of you.

Edit: btw, I really liked the little kid sitting in the chair in the field. I only wish you had hidden the house in the background, stuck on the side of her head. You could’ve moved 4 inches to the left and hidden it behind her or the chair. That image had a lot of potential, but just missed the bullseye.

hellomarcy
    Participant

……yeahhhhhhh. hey 🙂 ease up on the photoshop. if you want to go in that direction, you need to go allllllll the way as in photoshop the living shit out of the photo so it doesnt even look like you photoshopped at all :D. my stuff i photoshopped for 2 hours and people can’t even tell……. thats why they dont appreciate it. i dont wanna be a meanie and post up the before and after.. LOL

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.