Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? I'd like some feedback

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    OctoberMoon
    Participant

I know these aren’t perfect, but how good/bad are they? I tried to keep the processing consistent (aside from the one black and white and the one color one that’s drastically different–did those for fun). Just curious as to what other people who don’t know and like me think, haha.

Jenn

fstopper89
    Participant

They look nice to me. The visual weight looks good, especially on the black and white one. They’re a bit yellow, but not so much that it bothers me. The second one with the hazy yellow tone may not work on her face, it lost some definition I think. They look sharp and I like the emotion portrayed.

cameraclicker
    Participant

I have just finished driving about 4 hours in snow storms, so I might be a little off.  I like the third one the least because the focus looks off.  I like the second last one best.  I think that one is quite good.

lumberjackgirl
    Participant

You are not a fauxtographer. Go you!

OctoberMoon
    Participant

Well. I’m pretty darned pleased with that feedback, considering those are from literally my first photo shoot! Thank you guys for the feedback. browneyedgirl, the toning is intentional, and I know it’s not for everyone, but those were shot on a very overcast day, and I couldn’t get them to look appealing to me without throwing in some sort of artificial color. The one with the haze was my attempt at some faux sunshine, haha. She has a very bright, sweet personality, and that’s hard to capture properly when it’s about to rain!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.