Home Forums Photography Showcase I would like some opinions on my website &/or photos

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Sarah
    Participant

sarahashleyphotos.com

I have updated my website recently and I would like some opinions on it. You can also critique my photos if you want.

BrickStone
    Participant

I like your site overall.

Aside from perhaps fishing for compliments I think you already know most of your images are of great quality.  Composition on some may be more so topic of why you chose a particular shot but most of those I looked at appear reasonably good to great.  I do think your choice of images on your photo-booth page don’t do your work justice as the lighting and composition just don’t seem to show PRO like your other images do.  The shot on the right, you obviously have lighting setup but are way hot in front and drop off to a shadow the person in orange that even though the camera lens is not focused on is/should be of importance instead of just the back of someone’s head.  The shot on the left also has no “special” focus, just mean that if it were me I’d try to opt for a couple better images which you’re obviously capable of doing.

Overall I think  you have some really good stuff that’s certainly worth being paid for.

Sarah
    Participant

I was more intrested in what people think of my website. Though like most photographers I never think all of my images are great and im certainly not nearly as great as the wedding photographer I had worked with when I was in high school. I do not run the photo booth most of the time and it is something that is still pretty new to us. You were looking at pricing-photobooth. Those images are just to show the set up and the person in orange was the person running the photo booth at the time.

BrickStone
    Participant

Yes, as I said.  I like the website myself.

nairbynairb
    Participant

I think that you need a more defining banner/logo. It’s just kind of ‘meh’. Otherwise, it looks good!

ncrachick
    Participant

I agree with nairbynairb that the banner/logo needs to be more defined. Also, I would removed all underlining from your headings. You shouldn’t use underlining unless the underlined text is a link. I also noticed your email address isn’t a link. I would make it a link so it’s easier for visitors to just click on your email address to send you an email.

I checked it on my ipad and iphone and the mobile version looks great too!

Sarah
    Participant

Thanks for looking everyone. I will be removing the underlines soon. I don’t think Ill be changing the logo soon though because I just made that one. Maybe in a few months. Any specific suggestions for the logo?

CoastalTog
    Participant

$900 for full wedding coverage?  That’s Craigslist prices.  You can add $500 more onto that.  Don’t sell yourself short.  After taxes, and all the legal stuff you’ll be lucky to have a pot to piss in.

Egglington
    Participant

You may want to consider some stronger branding and a redesign of your website, but your photography is excellent. 🙂

stef
    Participant

Some very good shots. I didn’t look at prices, but if the above post of $900 was correct, you should double that. It’s a lot of work to shoot weddings and a lot of stress which you should be paid for. For the most part, I didn’t see many technical errors, and that’s pretty good!

One bizarre shot I might reconsider …

http://www.sarahashleyphotos.com/weddings#h424f02e0 Is this guy taking a leak? His pose and the way his pants are hanging is just not a good shot at all. Lose it.

edit: Also, why do you have a search function? Do you have keywords or something that’ll find particular people or what?

cameraclicker
    Participant

The photo Stef pointed out is two photos butted together.  Lose both of them!   His pants are bunched up and arm position is suggestive as Stef says.  Her bouquet has a bunch of stringy/wispy pieces and in her photo they give an instant impression of chest hair.

Sarah
    Participant

Your right stef. I could get rid of the search on the homepage. It is pretty useless there but great on my blog. The photo mentioned was a first look. The idea putting the two together was the she was peeking at him so to show his back shows what she was looking at. His pants are messed up but I cant really fix that. Same with the bouquet. I don’t think she would appreciate me modifying her bouquet.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.