Home Forums Main YANAP Discussion Forum How the f… this guy can have 26,000+ fans?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Superchin
    Participant
    astrolunaire
    Participant

I do not know how it is possible to have an artistic sense as bad without realizing…

fstopper89
    Participant

Wow- his work is crap. Why would you take a wedding photo of the groom stepping on the bride’s dress, preventing her from walking away? Degrading much? And the girl standing on the horse crap (no pun intended) Great job photoshopping her on, I mean I guess relative size doesn’t matter anyway right? She looks bigger than the horse! I wish I could read Spanish but from my limited (ok, trying to read the words that look somewhat English) does it say “No experience necessary?” lol. Probably not since I can’t read Spanish…

Alley Lynn 2675
    Participant

Horrible!

Sharra
    Participant

Just copy and paste the Spanish text into Google Translate. Not a perfect translation, but you’ll get the gist of it.

Egglington
    Participant

You can buy likes. There are programs where you can pay money and have thousands of fake likes added to your page.

chia_pet9731
    Participant

lol  I’m spanish and i have  . . . .. 11 aunts and uncles and each of them have 3 or 4 kids . . . . . so thats 35 first cousins on my fathers side.   and there are 9 children on my mothers side, but im not sure how many cousins on that side . . .anyhoo, maybe they are all cousins?

chia_pet9731
    Participant

oh oh and here in canada, in the city i live in, there is a latin community and if 1 person is doing something . . . no matter how bad they support that person.  hahah its like having one giantic family and everybody is in your business.

mykelhelene
    Participant

Just throwing this out there, I don’t think she is photoshopped onto the horse. Thats an accurate proportion, horsey to human ratio..

MJWC1
    Participant

Is it just me, or is focus not that difficult a concept? I mean, most of these new cameras have “autofocus”, right? If the camera can’t get it right, most let you do the focus yourself, right?

cameraclicker
    Participant

Mykelhelene, my exposure to horses is pretty limited.  Looking at photos of horses I took at the Royal Winter Fair, I would say she is a very large girl and the horse is quite small, or they are disproportionate.  The horse is standing strangely, and horses are heavy creatures, they would not stand off balance by choice.  If you rotate the horse and rider until the front legs are vertical, both horse and girl look better, which does give some credence to the assertion she is actually on the horse.  A reasonable rotation is about 11 to 13 degrees!  If you move the girl so she is standing ankle deep in the grass, the top of her head is at the horse’s eye.  I have a photo of a man standing beside a horse, in a ring.  Standing up straight, the tall man comes only to the bottom of the horse’s head.  What baffles me is, why would you take a horse standing on a hill and move it to a scene with flat ground?

pencil
    Participant

Yuuuuck!

fstopper89
    Participant

I was actually questioning if the proportions were accurate or not myself. After looking at it more, it seemed as if they were, or maybe, just close. I do volunteer in a program to help disabled individuals ride horses, and while I do not ride them myself, for the past 8 years or so I’ve been walking alongside a few different horses and supporting a rider during the warm months here. And that program has a variety of horses, including some ponies and some very large horses. Being a short woman myself I think my head comes to the horses jaw on some of the more average-sized horses, and to hold onto the saddle to support the rider, my arm usually has to extend up a little bit. The girl in this photo, however, judging by body proportions and her own head size, appears to be a somewhat short and curvy woman. Really tall or large people would have relatively smaller heads to their bodies. So, I don’t think she is quite true to size and is photoshopped in, though I COULD be wrong. The other clues that it’s photoshopped is that she looks so at ease standing on the horse, and her stance doesn’t show that she is trying to carefully balance. She’s also not wearing any horse riding or protective gear such as a helmet- this would be a dangerous stunt if the horse were to spook and take off. People who do these stunts on horses are well-trained and wear protective gear. Especially with the way the horse is leaning, it doesn’t look right for the balance of the pair. The other clue is the funky burning of the sky. Sure, a bad editor could carelessly burn while avoiding the area near the subject because they don’t understand how to use mask layers or to change the hardness of the brush they are burning with. All in all, it just doens’t look right, probably because it’s not, even if the proportions could possibly be correct.

mykelhelene
    Participant

Hi cameraclicker! i think she’s actually accurately proportioned with the horse. The horses fetlock and hooves are missing from the photo (maybe a rolling of the land? Not sure) which is about 4 inches maybe? If she was standing on the ground it seems that the horses withers (the point where his neck meets the topline of his back) hit around her shoulder area… Thats average.  I have 3 horses, and i’m 5’8… One horse’s shoulder hits my shoulder, one hits the top of my head, and one hits me at mid-stomach height. Horses range from 14.1 hands (a hand = 4 inches) to 18.1 hands. 14.1 hands = 4.9 feet, and thats measured to the wither (shoulder). And i’ve seen horses stand like that before, depends on the breed and the conformation.

mykelhelene
    Participant

Lets not also forget it seems that the photographer is at a ground angle… And to be honest, I can walk back and forth on my horses back pretty easily, along with laying on them.. sliding off their butt.. Us horseback riders can get pretty weird. Most of us don’t wear helmets or protective gear, especially the younger riding generations and horses used to this most of the time DONT take off or bolt. Some horses are spookier than others. I have a horse that spooks at anything, and one that i have jumped off of (in a position like this) and didn’t even flinch.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.