Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? How Faux am I?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    JCFindley
    Participant

The art market is a lot like any other photographic business when it comes down to it. They all take a lot of effort and time and investment to really do right and make any money with but it is another way to monetize talent.

Worst Case Scenario
    Participant

I honestly wouldn’t mind becoming a product photographer.

It’s not something you can just become overnight. Every company now has a website that needs pics and every company has employees with cameras who think they are photographers. These days the only commercial work  we get is either so boring that no one would want to do it, or the product is impossible to photograph!

As for the car, yes that’s better. as Findley says it’s needs a better crop.And my idea of shooting lower down would improve it more.

However, I’m UK based and a car nut, so it may be just that I’ve never seen that car before, if there were a dozen parked on my street I would say it was dull.

Devilsaga
    Participant

Oh I understand, anything worth doing wont be easy nor does it happen overnight.  Thanks again JC.

Worst case, so it’s fairly hard to get anything decent in that market?  I would think they’d want tons of professionals to make their product shine instead of an office working with a rebel?

Also I guess that goes with any photography, boring subject boring picture.

I have a few more I took today, the first one I liked but my DOF was off some.  Shot with an 85mm 1.4.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/977415_10151645076829645_980326471_o.jpg

The second one, the only thing I dislike is the mailbox in the back.  The spot I had it in just didn’t give me enough room to move more.  I’ll have to re-do it next time I’m out.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/965189_10151645057829645_1272999462_o.jpg

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.