Home Forums Main YANAP Discussion Forum How do people seriously like this s**t

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Bloggs
    Participant

She has all them likes on her page,loads of people telling her how talented she is and relies on textures/filters to make her photos look( so she thinks) much better.I just dont understand how people can seriouisly like this crap.She also has a big advertising sticker in her rear window of her car.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Va-Va-Zoom-Photography/195210993867387?ref=ts&fref=ts

fstopper89
    Participant

I looked at some of her portraits, and they were lackluster. However, I thought a lot of her wildlife and landscape photos were pretty good. It seems that is more her niche, and she needs to develop her portrait skills further. The textures were added to a few but honestly have not taken over all her work and she doesn’t seem to be relying on them, as you say. I have a handful of photos that I’ve used textures on to add some interest. It’s kind of trendy so I don’t do much of it, but some images look really nice with the added textures. They can give a painterly feel to a regular photograph and are almost an art of their own or at least an offshoot of artistic photography.

pantsdetail
    Participant

Too much black and white in the nature shots that I seen. Made it all just blend in together.

dont.care
    Participant

HAHAH https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=455819784473172&set=a.208829672505519.61059.195210993867387&type=1&theater

“it’s a photo effect!”

Va Va Zoom Photography It is the real thing Michael Bell, its a photo effect that makes it look miniature lol
    January 27 at 5:12pm · Like

I say it’s safe to assume she is using TS blur on photoshop.

She has some decent photos of birds..  too much post process and fake effects… Quickly diminishes the good..

.. nothing says authentic like the real thing.

IHF
    Participant

Canonuser,

this tog just plays the “like me and I’ll like you back game”.  It’s all part of the pretending process. Example: my page only has 100 likes (I don’t play the like me game) half of those likes are family and friends, the other half is comprised of people who thought I’d play the like me game with them, and/or a few “eh I’ll humor her, like her page but not follow”.  Out of the handful of people that don’t know me, and still follow my page, comment, like or share, 4 are fellow photographers.  That leaves me with maybe two legit fans lol. The only difference between her and I, is that I live in reality and know that I’m just a hobbyist and my friends and family love me and wish to encourage me 😉

try not to let her/his delusion get you down

fstopper89
    Participant

That miniature effect is available on my Canon Powershot. I can say I played with it once, it just keeps things in the middle of the frame in focus and throws the top and bottom out of focus… it’s a fun little “toy” effect, for random bar shots maybe? lol. I’ve seen work done with a real tilt-shift lens that is pretty impressive though, or with a Lensbaby, though I’ve never used either.

I do not play the like game either. Several of the fauxs in my town do and make me wonder how they got so many likes. My “like” base has grown slowly… mostly from friends or family of people whose portraits I’ve posted and tagged them in. So I’d like to think they legitimately like my work. Of course I have family and friends too. And I have a handful of photographers. On my own “like” list, I have liked probably 20 some photographers; that list grows every week. I can’t get enough of seeing good images in my news feed.

IHF
    Participant

Yeah, I didn’t think of it that way.  I think when you do portraiture/events you’re going to get more likes regardless.  Are people able to tag if they don’t like your page?  Even so, it’s much more marketable and personal when people are your subjects.  I think that’s why I’m perfectly happy with my 100 likes.  I didn’t/don’t pimp my photography out, and there’s absolutely no personal interest or sense of obligation to like my page or my images (unless you’re my mom) because i don’t post my portraiture.  So maybe I’m doing better than I thought lol   Not that I’m concerned about it, just giving myself a little pep talk over here 🙂

fstopper89
    Participant

To be honest, I’m not even sure anymore if you have to “like” the page in order to tag yourselves/others in my photos. It was one way, and then Facebook changed it, and I don’t really know how it is anymore. I am only able to tag people in the photos who are on my personal friends list, which is weird. Many tags came from others tagging people in my photos. When I post portraits, I caption them like most other photogs… “If you like these images, please like my page. Feel free to use as your profile/cover photo but do not crop out my watermark or at least credit me where possible.”

Bloggs
    Participant

Some beautiful wedding shots from her have just been added.She recently sold her canon 500d and upgraded to a canon 7d,but still uses the most awful effects on her photos.Ive thought many times,why upgrade from an entry level to a more pro camera if all you’re going to do is cover up the photos with tons of  crap effects.You are better off using a cheap point and shoot if all you want to do is treat photography as an adults version of a colouring in book.Also is it possible to shoot anyone using a vignette( especailly the white ones) on wedding photos….unless its done properly/tastefully.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.463547987033685.110394.195210993867387&type=3

zoommode123
    Participant
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.