Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? How do I become a real photographer like you guys

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    dicksforeyes
    Participant

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonjaredphotography

Do I have to read the manual or

I have no idea what I’m doing.

martenfisher
    Participant

I think you do a pretty good job. I saw some poor focus issues but it could also be flickr compression.

dicksforeyes
    Participant

hahahahahaaha

A22
    Participant

First pictures I saw weren’t bad actually. Did you blur this one’s bottom on post processing or did some tilt;shifting with the lens?

farm8.staticflickr.com/7117/7412342584_014d329b73_c.jpg

Mrs Woo
    Participant

Well Jason, after reviewing your work, first I suggest you get a much cheaper camera and ditch the lens collection.  Inexpensive kit lenses are all you really need – anything else is just taking money from naive people.  Then you should consider doing your edits in PicMonkey to make them more “real” – or maybe on your iPhone.  Finally – your watermarking is nowhere near obvious enough – work a bit harder on that…  😉

dicksforeyes
    Participant

Well Jason, after reviewing your work, first I suggest you get a much cheaper camera and ditch the lens collection.  Inexpensive kit lenses are all you really need – anything else is just taking money from naive people.  Then you should consider doing your edits in PicMonkey to make them more “real” – or maybe on your iPhone.  Finally – your watermarking is nowhere near obvious enough – work a bit harder on that…  😉

loooooooooool

Dying. This forum, it just keeps getting better.

dicksforeyes
    Participant

First pictures I saw weren’t bad actually. Did you blur this one’s bottom on post processing or did some tilt;shifting with the lens?

It is done with the lens, but it’s not a t/s lens or a lens baby (awful crap).

dicksforeyes
    Participant

Wait what I mean is those poor focus issues could be flickr compression.

stef
    Participant

lensbabies are really tough to nail focus, especially wide open.

dicksforeyes
    Participant

Well, yeah, given that they’re optically incapable of achieving sharp focus.

hellomarcy
    Participant

i like your stuff :))))) i am so critical when it comes to watermarks. i like the less visible approach. to me, a watermark can ruin an image.

dicksforeyes
    Participant

No, no, no, you must have an enormous frilly script watermark spanning no less than 50% of the frame. That’s how the pros do it.

Notaphotographer
    Participant

Well for starters you can get your focus correct. Then you can actually get you settings correct. On your real estate photos you can see obvious lens distortion with the wide angle. On one of the shots of the room it looks like the wall is leaning. Sure lets call that professional. This is an easy fix in PS. In addition, try to get your horizons straight on your real estate  shots. Your model shots would be nice to know if they have a complete head every so often. Also the sun glare works on a few shots..Not every single one.  Get some credentials. Let’s see the awards and publications to back up the attitude. By the way, I am not a photographer but I do edit thousands of photos weekly.  I see nothing in your port that I have not seen a thousand times before. Nothing at all special or sparks any interest. You do not have to be a great photographer to recognize what is bad… I guess you could always call it art and that is subjective. But come on, on the real easte site.. How hard is it to shoot a room and make the walls look straight.

dicksforeyes
    Participant

Well for starters you can get your focus correct.

Lulz. I think we can award you honorary fauxtog status for this.

How hard is it to shoot a room and make the walls look straight.

It is literally impossible under many circumstances, actually. Other times it’s not worth worrying about. My clients are thrilled with my work.

dicksforeyes
    Participant

Maybe you could post some photos you’ve edited that look exactly like mine.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.