Home Forums Main YANAP Discussion Forum Hello everyone

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    cameraclicker
    Participant

A photographer is one who does photography.  Photography is writing with light.  The bar is set pretty low for being a real photographer, you pick up any camera, release the shutter and congratulations, you are a real photographer.  It is a binary thing, make an image or two and you are a photographer, at least for the time you are making images.

A professional photographer makes enough money from photography to call it a living.  An amateur photographer does it for the love of doing it.

A good photographer can control the camera and get a reasonable number of images people perceive as “nice”, “edgy”, “surreal”, “awesome”, whatever.  A bad photographer gets fewer images that people find attractive, or that come out as the photographer intended.  A really bad photographer makes the front page here — many/most of those have posted on Facebook with an account or watermark indicating they may be in business as a photographer.

I have the view that it would not be wise to take driving lessons from someone who can not drive the kind of vehicle they are providing lessons for.  Following that logic, why would you pay any attention to a critique or instruction from someone who is not showing their work?

Egglington
    Participant

Have long been a fan of the site. I remember in my early days I too tried to drown my work in photoshop filters and the like to improve my images – I thought this was artistic at the time. Am starting an advanced diploma in commercial photography this year so hopefully it will take my skills further. 🙂

pantsdetail
    Participant

Too much drama!

pantsdetail
    Participant

But I agree. Lets see some work posted with your claims so we know whether to ask for help or not.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.