Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? go on then………

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Worst Case Scenario
    Participant

Well I’m pretty sure I’m not a Fauxtographer, but you never know..

As I’ve just opened a Flikr account I thought I’d share some shots that have been sat on my computer for ages and have hardly been seen by anyone.

You can rip em to shreds if you like.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/101923681@N02/

nesgran
    Participant

Oooh, how exciting.

Not a fan of the complex catch lights in the eyes of bobC
    Frank looks quite uncomfortable how she is sucking in her stomach and she looks about 14. The lighting is gorgeous though
    Simon’s dress doesn’t quite work with the backdrop and she looks a bit like she is about to fall over.

Then there are two shots which aren’t yours if I remember correctly. Definitely faux warning then

(I’m assuming since you are British you can smell sarcasm a mile away)

My favourite of the set is peter

cameraclicker
    Participant

Yep!  I’m pretty sure you’re not a fauxtographer, too.  Although the first one with flaming red hair does seem to have some strange blur going on!  And, SidC is way too up-close and personal for my comfort, as is BobC.  It’s pretty clear you don’t have sharpness problems.

That baby is awesome!

Worst Case Scenario
    Participant

Ha ah the C stands for Close. Sidc and bobc are close ups of the pic before. I wasn’t sure how big they would display and I wanted to show that the skin was all still intact and not blurred by auto smoothing.

And frank really was that shape and aged 22. but I agree that she looks 14 and that’s one of the reasons that no one else has seen it.

ebi
    Participant

The subject for tom, simon and fred is least to be desired. Vignettes on the children are horrid. I don’t think that a vignette is a bad idea but they are way to strong.

Herbert retouching is way over done. Hair is way too messy…not in a good way. It looks greasy..like she hasn’t bathed.

No to jack. no to dick and brian.

Bob – flaky foundation, hairy face, gloppy mascara. The more natural lip is nice but needs to be moistened and the top doesn’t match the bottom so well. catch lights are distracting. Also, this would be better without clothing. So i’d have her take her top down next time.

Frank – somehow you made her look both chubby and emaciated at the same time. Subdue those ribs and tuck in her pooch a bit while subdoing the shadow line on it.

Not a fauxtog…but needs some work.

Favorite photo is this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/101923681@N02/9787008084/

reminds me of Jill Greenberg.

Worst Case Scenario
    Participant

ahhh thanks ebi!

The subject for tom, simon and fred is least to be desired.

Do you mean that you just don’t fancy them, or did you mean something else?

Only Tom, simon and frank are models. Everyone else is an off the street portrait customer, so I don’t get to tell them their make up of hair do is bad. Bob was also a walk in and as her parents were next to me I could’nt really ask her to drop her top. Not an excuse, I must do better.

ebi
    Participant

i just don’t fancy them as subjects. you can get a nude tube thingy for girls to wear. For beauty shots you just want it very simple. clothes tend to be distracting.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.