Home Forums Photography Showcase Gaze.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    theleestudio
    Participant

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8224/8340463243_63cc76aaa8_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8074/8341526840_c5fedd47e4_z.jpg

Also I finally bought a flash! 580EXII for 312$! Should come in Friday! excited to finally open up the world of flash photog.

nairbynairb
    Participant

I love the first one! The second one is cool too, but the composition isn’t something I’m fond of. I would have backed up a tad to have more of her hands in, and bring her a LITTLE to the right to bring her eye into the rule of thirds spot.

Nice colours and photos though!

cameraclicker
    Participant

Cool photos, cute girl.  In 8074/8341526840_c5fedd47e4_z.jpg, her hands are too bright.  Try keeping her face and hair as is and bringing her hands, jacket and the background down about a stop.  How does that look?   If you have a raw file, try bringing her hands down two stops, and the rest except here face and hair down just one stop.  How does that look?

theleestudio
    Participant

I will give it a shot. I have the raw file. I’m using Lightroom’s adjustment  brush so it’s going to take some time LOL.

Do you think the first photo of the eye is too dark? Some people said it was. I have a “poppy” version of it here. Might be a bit overthetop/indulgent on my end though, but the 50mm 1.2 (after I got a good copy) is really holding contrast well.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8364/8342220271_c772fbc134_z.jpg

Intuition
    Participant

the second makes her look like she has jaundice -_- Try using the presets under the adjustment brush there is one for iris’s in there that does a decent job

theleestudio
    Participant
    cameraclicker
    Participant

8364/8342220271_c772fbc134_z.jpg is too yellow, the first two are pretty warm, but acceptably so, I think.  I didn’t notice, except her hands, before Intuition mentioned it.  8364/8342220271_c772fbc134_z.jpg strikes me as too bright as well.  You could lighten the eye in 8340463243_63cc76aaa8_z.jpg, a little, but I think it is fine as it is.

Here are a couple of quick edits. 8340463243_63cc76aaa8_z.jpg and 8341526840_c5fedd47e4_z.jpg. With 8341526840_c5fedd47e4_z, I am still unhappy with her hands, too bright, bad colour. But otherwise, how do you like the changes?

theleestudio
    Participant

I like the edits done in e4_z.jpg, but the aa8_z.jpg her skin seems too rough. I intentionally lowered the clarity a bit to eliminate wrinkles and stuff.

I don’t know if you saw my newest edit yet.

Man this forum really needs a flickr embed.

Intuition
    Participant

better! You can see her eye now without everything else going wonky. the clarity reduction may be a little to much at her temples for my taste, but she doens’t look plastic so eh. If you get really crafty feeling work on those stray hairs across her cheek 😉

cameraclicker
    Participant

It would be nice if there was a way to display images in-line.  At some point I am going to clean out the folder on my server which will break all my links here.

I did not see your latest edit until this morning.  It looks like you brightened the whole image, perhaps by adding fill light?  The shadows have been reduced.  While not as warm as your first edit, it still looks more yellow than the original.   Check the image at my link again.  I replaced the file so you may have to click refresh on your browser once the image is open.  I took the sharpening off the image and just did her eye.  I also took some of the hair off her face.  It should look a lot like the original with a darker background, darker cup, brighter eye, though not as bright as in your edits.

BrickStone
    Participant

Don’t know cameraclicker but viewing his site we seem to probably be close in what we like for warmth and texture.  Myself I like the facial texture you have in the original (but that’s also probably due to the size provided and not a raw size image, smaller/controlled images often look much better than 1-to-1 sizes).  I know others (including models) want all blemishes and wrinkles removed.   One thing that seems to be missing from both shots for me is some type of catch light which serves to provide a bit more life to an image for me.  However if I were not doing photography myself I’d think that both of them were excellent photos (heck they’re still good photos).

Thanks for sharing and good luck – hope to see more of your work in the future.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.