Home Forums Main YANAP Discussion Forum Fuzzy warm image to remember your big day by…. or is it just fuzzy?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    LilllyLynn06
    Participant

Wouldn’t you just love this one to remember your special day?

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/3735_635456156483452_243984051_n.jpg

Image compliments of John Ramer Photography

Worst Case Scenario
    Participant

If all the shots are like this then maybe they need to up their shutter speed, But I expect this is just one of a whole set of  of great shots.None of the images you are posting are bad enough to be on the front page of this site. You obviously have a problem with John Ramer Photography.

nesgran
    Participant

I went ahead and looked him up on facebook. He appears to be mainly a landscape photographer (lots of HDR) who is doing some people shooting as well. He’s actually got a few more bad shots in the same series or rather lots of mediocre ones and a couple of blurry disasters. I wouldn’t call him a faux, just not a very good tog or at least well out of his depth. I suspect he could benefit from working as a second shooter for a few weddings as he is a far better landscape phbotographer than people photographer

I just wish someone would tell him to ease off on the HDR though

cameraclicker
    Participant

I found the Facebook page too.  I agree with Nesgran’s view.  He has some landscapes and a digital art or two that I like a lot.

I wonder what LillyLynn06’s photos look like.

Manual Mode
    Participant

There are some nice landscapes there a good mixture. I do like natural HDR not the Harry Potter grunge scary stuff lol. I shoot  mainly landscapes and studio stuff and have just recently started shooting people. I find them somewhat of a mystery lol, they move and can be tough to light. I of course do not charge for my services as I am a student still in the learning process.

JCFindley
    Participant

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=623451441017257&set=a.502914106404325.127729.502903629738706&type=1&theater

That one has great sales potential as it is. While is HDRs are pushed a bit on the colors they are starting from good compositions and subjects in general and could actually sell as they are. In general, I think most togs that try HDR start out with it a bit over the top and usually tone it down as the progress in their hobby or career and that includes me. I am still redoing some of my older work for that exact reason.

Wedding wise, well, I will let you people shooters talk about that.

(Oh, I get asked to shoot weddings now and then and quote them a 15K starting price. If anyone does take me up on it, I have an outstanding “second shooter” that will tag along with me for 10K of that.)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.