Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Feedback plz

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    AndyF
    Participant

Duplicate post when attempting to edit.

camera.shy
    Participant

That link is not me. I would never use white vignette. It’s the devil’s work. I don’t know why the link won’t work, all I did was copy and paste from the browser. It works everywhere else.

When I was using my film SLR in 1997 I didn’t know how to post a link. Does that mean I was a bad photographer then too? 

It would seem that a couple of you googled in order to try and find my photography, it is interesting how there were two suggestions for the right page, and both of these turned out to be fauxtogs. Is this because you assumed I was a really bad photographer or is the world is riddled with fauxtographers……………………………..? I’d prefer it to be the first scenario, but I fear it’s the latter 🙁 A kull my be in order !!!!!!!!!!

AndyF
    Participant

I’m afraid it isn’t, it’s the link YOU posted!

camera.shy
    Participant

Erm, no I didn’t. That was a post from someone else. It tells you on the left who posted each comment????????

dicksforeyes
    Participant

Change the name of the page to “Duck Rape Photography” so we can find it.

AndyF
    Participant

Well I’m pretty sure I clicked on your link.

Seriously, I’m with JJ on this one, how difficult is it to post a frigging link ???????????????????????????????????????? <revenge

Valderrama
    Participant
    AndyF
    Participant

Well if that is your page I’m seeing plenty of pics that are blurred due to either inappropriate focusing, too low a shutter speed, far too little DOF or a combination. Some of your lighting is a little harsh.  Oh and a creased backdrop.

You need a faster shutter speed for some of the work you are doing. Assess what is going on in the image, is there going to be movement? If so, cater for it. Buy a fast lens if nessary and open up….

….but not too much because then you end up with not enough DoF. Yes DoF is good and works well if used well. But I see a lot of images that have far too little DoF for the subject.

Watch your focus point. Some of your portraits aren’t focused where they should be, and this could be down to you using a bit too tight DoF again.

KatieOkieDokie
    Participant

It’s illegal to be on railroad tracks in Ohio, I’m sure it is all over..just an FYI.

AndyF
    Participant

You know, the more I think about it, the more I feel camerashy is lying about this not being her page.

Firstly she doesn’t appear to know how URLs work, or probably what one is, and how paths work. This isn’t a bad guess as she can’t post a URL…

She claims that this page, posted earlier:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=426066567425911&set=a.408722682493633.99758.112655248767046&type=3

Isn’t hers. But if you click on Photography by Heather’s Page at the top of that page

Guess what the URL changes to?
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photography-by-Heather/

Now hang on, isn’t that the top level URL that she posted for her page?

And guess what else? It’s not possible to create ANOTHER page called Photography-by-Heather.

If I’m wrong I’ll whole heartedly apologise. But for now, I say RUMBLED.

Valderrama
    Participant

Her Profile says she’s from England if that helps

AndyF
    Participant

Last time I checked you can make your profile say you are from wherever you want….

Plus it’s simple. It’s not possible for two facebook pages created by UNIQUE users to start with https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photography-by-Heather/

If someone can do it, I’ll gladly eat my hat.

Brownie
    Participant

I didn’t realise it was such a feat to post a proper link.

IHF
    Participant

Heather, why not post a link to your website/portfolio instead of making multiple Facebook pages, and then taking them down?

Taking clients/charging and only having a fb page?  Even without seeing your images I can safely say you are a fauxtog

camera.shy
    Participant

Ok, so I set up a fb page called “photography by Heather”. My name, but not my business name. I have seen people forced to delete pages/blogs before because of this site. An example of this is SS a couple of weeks ago. They commented on a photo on the site and then got ripped appart for their own work, then deleted their blog. I make my living from photography, so I didn’t want to post a link to my real page/website.

The link did not work, why I don’t know?????

I know I am not a fauxtog, and I probably put this post in the wrong section, I just wanted feedback and advice on my work. It seems I now have the fauxtog label just for a dodgy broken link, but I can live with that.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.