Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Fauxtogs who should end up on the main page…

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1,351 through 1,365 (of 3,098 total)
  • Author
    seth
    Participant

Thanks for the tips, DC!

Now I just need a $10k grant hahaha

bitchslapoftruth
    Participant

I don’t know about you guys, but  if I take a portrait of someone, usually I can make out some kind of details in the eyes, like color for instance.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/946576_556140614427559_2133709681_n.jpg

If you aren’t good at backlit, don’t do backlit. Stick to the shade in the middle of the day or use a fill flash/reflector.

The review on her page says, “Very AWSOME work…love the way she captures the scenery.” People throw around the words awesome and amazing a lot around this woman, but none of her work is either.

dont.care
    Participant

bitchslap – a portraits not a portrait to me if the eyes don’t pop.

seth–ten grand ? Get a couple of light stands, 1 or two flashes with a some radio triggers, set to manual run in half to quarter power, figure out exposure, get a large umbrella and a reflector+holder. Voila, portable portrait studio. Get a large oval reflector with white/silver; background stand kit with some seamless..

you’d be amazed how many different looks you can obtain.

Nice thing about manual mode is, you don’t have to buy high end flashes.. Just something to trigger them remotely; in which case, most have sync ports and you can buy a flash and a sync cord. I personally would avoid this because being tethered sucks. But, for 300-500 bucks you can have a pretty nice kit for strobist work

dont.care
    Participant

WCS – a private detective? no. I just don’t ever leave home without my camera and some gear.

nesgran
    Participant

Indeed, you can get some fairly decent stuff off ebay for peanuts for lighting. For example a pixapro softbox which costs about $50 over here looks pretty decent in the flesh. Obviously not quite as nice as the better brands but for a hobbyist they are more than enough and should last a while as they are pretty well made. Umbrellas aren’t particularly expensive even if you buy good quality ones.

I bought a cheap light stand and it wasn’t quite as nice as I was hoping and I’m not going to get any more of those given how little price difference there is between some better branded stands. I mainly bought it because it was so light so I could bring it if I need a light stand while out hiking/climbing. The soft box bracket on the other hand is very well made and the bowens fit locking ring works brilliantly despite being the same make

seth
    Participant

Yup, ten grand, just  wild throw out to get everything I want, including 2 full frame bodies.  🙂

dont.care
    Participant

10 grand wont go far in pro-gear..

seth
    Participant

that’s just phase 1 lol

dont.care
    Participant

10 grand is more like 16-20 depending on your credit rating, lol.

bitchslapoftruth
    Participant

“For twenty dollars get- *a half hour session, *3 outfit changes per person, *unlimited poses, *and at least 35 fully edited images on a *flash drive with a *printing release to print whenever or wherever you want without ever paying me another cent.

This session is $20, there are NO HIDDEN FEES. The price you see is the price you pay. I’ve done pictures professionally for two years and have won two photography awards from a newstation and newspaper and have won countless photography online contests. If you hire me, I promise you will not regret it!” On her page, she also says you will get ” a flash drive or disk of 90-300 fully edited images” How are you getting 300 pictures in 30 minutes with unlimited outfits?

With this to show for her “awards”-

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1011288_593888077317488_1149396980_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1009764_592285207477775_962194113_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1010016_587779894594973_383746025_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1016200_596698713703091_655730898_n.jpg

seth
    Participant

@dont.care – that’s why someone needs to give me a grant haha

@bitchslapoftruth
    – those are just bad.  The 4th is passable for a newbie but the other 3 are unacceptable for someone who says they’ve been doing this professionally for 2 years.  But I especially love how she’s won “countless” online contests… COUNTLESS!  There are so many she can’t even count them.  Just, wow.  She looks like she’s got some wide aperture lens and is focusing on all the wrong things though, just for starters.  $20 won’t even pay for your gas/diesel all the time anymore, let alone your time.  That’s crazy.

dont.care
    Participant

Whoever that is, would lose a braille photography contest for the blind. That shit would be ugly to the touch.

nesgran
    Participant

That was pretty bad

bitchslapoftruth
    Participant

She has 1600 likes on her page lol There are 1600 people that liked this stuff enough to like the whole page.

JCFindley
    Participant

Wow, just wow.

News station and news paper award must be for something other than portrait photography. Perhaps a polar bear in a snow storm?

Online contests, YA! Which means you ask your friends to vote for you and you win regardless of quality.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,351 through 1,365 (of 3,098 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.