Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Fauxtogs who should end up on the main page…

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1,336 through 1,350 (of 3,098 total)
  • Author
    dont.care
    Participant

haha iliketag — That craigslist link: “I have a modest studio in my basement.” What it really means: “It puts the lotion on it’s skin or it gets the hose again!!”, all that really comes to mind. LOL

–WCS – Of course, I should mention that I don’t take it to the grocery store ;p Just heavily inhabited public places where people are just leisurely doing everything and doing nothing

JCFindley
    Participant

Well, this has been a lot more interesting than the Housewives TV my wife has on.

Who had the popcorn?

iliketag
    Participant

Me! I had the popcorn! *shares*

You know, I think with my guy, just the whole oddity of the ad was more -this site- than his work. Old portraits (one of which was honestly a little creepy due to the eyes) and pictures of his kitchen(?) all mish-mashed together in the ad for professional services.

iliketag
    Participant

Ok ok, here’s one worthy of the front page, not just for it’s tasteful representation of the bride, but also the selective coloring…

http://pinterest.com/pin/243757398554660884/

Oh? And this pin? Read the titling… “5 Poses Must Do”… when you click the pin to take you to the linked page? It takes you to “5 Fun Wedding Photos”. Honestly, I’m not sure I would want a photo of my groom trying to escape me on our wedding day… Nor would I want something like this one up for my family to see… While it might be amusing in a small group of friends, it’s not exactly shouting romance to me…

Worst Case Scenario
    Participant

–WCS – Of course, I should mention that I don’t take it to the grocery store ;p Just heavily inhabited public places where people are just leisurely doing everything and doing nothing

Why? Are you a private detective ?

Worst Case Scenario
    Participant

Here’s one for the front page..

This is not their worst pic but we don’t often see an attempt at commercial photography here. You can see the sky has been replaced so we’ll have to assume they thought the grey corrugated thing on the right was okay!

http://shutterhire.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/openback.jpg

They must know that their editing is rubbish, as they actually advertise that they will supply a disc of edited AND unedited pictures. And then go on to say that not many photographers offer this!

http://shutterhire.co.uk/2013/07/04/our-new-baby-studio/

This whole gallery is pretty bad. But for only £90 a day you to can have photos like these…

http://shutterhire.co.uk/2013/04/02/1st-birthday-party-ivy-rose/

cameraclicker
    Participant

I thought the 5 poses stuff was pretty good.  Not as “great photography” but as light hearted fooling around after the work is done (or perhaps before/while in a couple of cases.  Looks like they were gathered from the net…

This is one of the comments from that blog:

That first picture is of me and my husband! I was looking for the picture that is below it to show my sister and in googling the photo and clicking the site, up pops my picture! Wow. We live in Texas, funny to see this on a Chicago blog.

cameraclicker
    Participant

I don’t know if http://shutterhire.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/openback.jpg is an attempt at commercial photography, or documentation of a parking infraction.

Do English vans have a sliding door on the left side?  Looking at the hinge area of the right rear door, you can see grass and road where the interior of the van should be!  If they drive on the left, what is it doing parked ON the right curb?

nesgran
    Participant

I don’t know if http://shutterhire.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/openback.jpg is an attempt at commercial photography, or documentation of a parking infraction.

Do English vans have a sliding door on the left side? Looking at the hinge area of the right rear door, you can see grass and road where the interior of the van should be! If they drive on the left, what is it doing parked ON the right curb?

Yeah, British vans are the opposite on account of left hand traffic, that is why you can see the ground through it. It takes a bit of time to get used to the steering wheel on the right if you’ve driven a lot doing the opposite.

WCS, if you think their photos are bad it is because you don’t hire a photographer but a “camera operator”. That is a great way of putting it for most fauxs. Just check their wedding prices and what you get for your money. I’m not sure if they meant for it to be a pun

JCFindley
    Participant

Oh? And this pin? Read the titling… “5 Poses Must Do”… when you click the pin to take you to the linked page? It takes you to “5 Fun Wedding Photos”. Honestly, I’m not sure I would want a photo of my groom trying to escape me on our wedding day… Nor would I want something like this one up for my family to see… While it might be amusing in a small group of friends, it’s not exactly shouting romance to me…

You think that now, but this is the only image I kept from my second marriage. If only I had actually escaped!

nesgran
    Participant

Oh, I forgot to add. White vans don’t operate under the same traffic rules as normal vehicles on the road. They tend to do whatever they want. It is however completely legal to park on the “wrong” side of the road, i.e. you come driving down the road and see a spot on the right on the other side of the road you can just go over and park without turning around.

cameraclicker
    Participant

We can park on either side of a one way street, unless there are no parking signs, we have to be facing the direction of traffic.  And, we are not allowed to park with a tire on the curb or sidewalk, they all have to be on the road.  And, we have to park more than 3 meters from the intersection.

I obviously have to get myself a white van!  LOL!

alexandra
    Participant

Found another front page candidate. At first I thought it could have just been a “mom photographer” taking pictures of her kids, friends, and family, but nope. Further browsing of their website took me to a paged labelled as “announcements” where They say they charge $40 for a 1 hour session.

http://habmsincrediblephotographyandvideo.webs.com/

No crazy editing on this one (if any editing) but in short, I would say this person has a very poor sense of what good composition and lighting is. The fact that under their calendar part it says they have booked some weddings makes me feel really bad for the people getting married. I sincerely hope this person’s not their main photographer, or even their second-shooter… or even their tenth shooter…

iliketag
    Participant

Awe, JC, I want to laugh but it’s also a little sad…

I’m not sure why they bothered replacing the sky on the van image… unforunately I couldn’t load the gallery, so the only other image I saw was the black and white baby. It certainly /had/ potential, but the soft focus and selective coloring just sent that right out the window.

JCFindley
    Participant

Naw, laugh away…. I am working on my stand up routine using open mike nights here in NYC and frankly, my second wife is a never ending source of material.  I would add this but it’s really only funny to togs.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,336 through 1,350 (of 3,098 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.