Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Fauxtogs who should end up on the main page…

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1,276 through 1,290 (of 3,098 total)
  • Author
    nesgran
    Participant

do yourself a favour, borrow a 5DII(I) with a 70-200 lens and take a photo with your current setup and the 5D. Then get them both printed by a good quality printer lab in 8×12 and continue telling yourself there is no difference. The old saying has always been lens, light, body in that order for a reason

bitchslapoftruth
    Participant

Seriously, though…. can we make a new thread for you guys to keep arguing so we can keep laughing at poor inexperienced souls?

dont.care
    Participant

This thread needs to be rebooted anyway, it’s starting to act funny. Like reloading page [1] when submitting a post. Or, not allowing the “last post” url to function properly.. At least, that’s what’s happening here.

fstopper89
    Participant

When I was only one year into photography (not professionally, more as a student) I had no clue about lenses and what made them good or bad or ANYTHING REALLY. I thought, hey, I have a nice camera! And I can change the lenses!

If the client doesn’t know the difference, it doesn’t automatically make the quality better. A soft photograph is going to be a soft photograph. Lighting or pp techniques aren’t going to fix that (they can help a little in some cases- I have “rescued” a few images that I felt were really good otherwise, that ended up slightly oof) It won’t be acceptable to me if I know that the photo will look like shit if printed any size over a 5×7. I’d basically be duping the clients into thinking they were getting a quality product.

I guess I should have clarified- entry-level kit lenses.

dont.care
    Participant

The guy is an amateur who takes relatively decent images. I really don’t mind him aside from his backward logic..

cameraclicker
    Participant

Well, there sure has been a lot of discussion since I was by here last!

For what it’s worth, if you submit to some stock sites, your photo has to be at least 4K pixels wide, and the stock sites blow your images up to 100% and pixel peep the heck out of them.  They reject the photo if any of the pixels are blurred.  That experience is not much different to what dont.care described.

Sometimes the challenge is knowing when “good enough” is actually good enough and when perfection is required.

I can see using kit glass if your main work is workshops for newbies because most of them would be put off by the cost of pro gear.  And, I am a huge fan of a Rebel body with a Sigma super-zoom because of performance to weight and cost.  That said, I have a collection of L lenses and several of my filters cost more, each, than a P&S camera, and I have good bodies, studio strobes and several small flashes.  When it is necessary to approach perfection, it is a lot easier to achieve if you have good tools.

iliketag
    Participant

Did… did he say the guy with the 1Dx was using the “on camera flash”? Because… the 1Dx doesn’t have a flash…. lol

Basically that guy is a tool. Talking about people with inflated egos and bashing others. Not sure he’s looked in a mirror lately. Oh well, assholes happen.
    What a silly man. Not willing to invest in his business or take sound advice from others. Kind of humorous.
    Anywho, Bitchslap, don’t start flipping out telling us to “move the conversation to an appropriate thread”. There is only like, one admin here and we can’t move posts willy nilly, so we’ll finish it here when it’s ready. Besides, most of the regulars don’t mind the conversation.

Then we can move along to more fauxtogs who should be featured on the main page. I think the puzzle one takes the cake for that of the recent posts.
    I haven’t been having issues with the links, but every time I post it does kick me back to the first page. We should start a new thread in a little, but we’ve got 14 pages til 100! We should wait to hit that 😀

iliketag
    Participant

The non-composite images of the baby make me sad 🙁 Not only the bad vignette but the fact that the poor baby looks so freaked out/uncomfortable! He’s actually really, really cute with some lovely eyes!
    My friend just had her baby, the same one I mentioned that had another friend take her maternity photos (they were… I wish I could share them here because they fit the fauxtog bill), and has been doing the whole copying pinterest thing… She stuck her infant in a basket lined with only a towel and snapped photos with her phone. People are constantly like “Oh how cute” and all I can see is the poor thing’s neck being completely unsupported! How do I tell her it’s just not safe what she’s doing?

warrenjrphotography
    Participant

Don’t.care is probably a fake pro.

Who would carry around 6 $500 flashes and use them for a simple fill light and rely on wide aperture shooting primarly?

As far as my photos and sharpness are concerned.

Pretty much every photo on my website is tack sharp even @ 100% most are tack sharp even beyond 100%.

I edited a headshot today that was razor sharp beyond 100% and that was with the 55-250 @ F5.6

People don’t want to believe that their $2,000 lenses are not $2,000 better image quality wise than a $100 “kit lens” and I can’t blame them.

When I say that my photos are sharp I mean pixel peeping beyond 100% view sharp.

I can pretty much get any size print done with my photos and they will still be tack sharp and full of contrast & color.

The difference between a 55-250 & $2,000 70-200 image quality wise is going to be relatively small considering the 20X difference in price.

Like I said, law of diminishing returns. The difference is there, just most would not be able to say which photos were taken with one lens over another in a pool of 20+ photos.

iliketag
    Participant

Dude, you said your last post was your final one because you were “Disgusted” by posting here. You’re doing the exact same thing you were JUST bitching about others doing! Just scoot.

Also, you’re terrible at math.

warrenjrphotography
    Participant

Quote –

Did… did he say the guy with the 1Dx was using the “on camera flash”? Because… the 1Dx doesn’t have a flash…. lol

Basically that guy is a tool. Talking about people with inflated egos and bashing others. Not sure he’s looked in a mirror lately. Oh well, assholes happen.
    What a silly man. Not willing to invest in his business or take sound advice from others. Kind of humorous.
    Anywho, Bitchslap, don’t start flipping out telling us to “move the conversation to an appropriate thread”. There is only like, one admin here and we can’t move posts willy nilly, so we’ll finish it here when it’s ready. Besides, most of the regulars don’t mind the conversation.

Then we can move along to more fauxtogs who should be featured on the main page. I think the puzzle one takes the cake for that of the recent posts.
    I haven’t been having issues with the links, but every time I post it does kick me back to the first page. We should start a new thread in a little, but we’ve got 14 pages til 100! We should wait to hit that 

End Quote

He was using an on camera speed light rather.

Also, where are your photos? Lets see them before you go around talking crap about something that you have no experience in like the rest of the trolls out there.

It’s easy to talk crap, especially behind a monitor.

So where are the photos?

What else are you good at besides sitting on a chair, eating Twinkies, and talking crap?

iliketag
    Participant

So, I’ve shared my photos here. I also don’t claim to be a pro. I’m learning and saving and building up before going into business because I would like to make more than pennies. I really don’t need you talking down to me, thanks 🙂

They don’t make twinkies anymore, by the way.

warrenjrphotography
    Participant

Where are they?

You seem to just be talking crap in this thread.

Is that all that you’re good at?

nesgran
    Participant

wow, this was bad but then with the photo ending up on cheezburger what’d you expect

http://cheezburger.com/7643607296?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+failblog+%28The+FAIL+Blog+-+Fail+Pictures+%26+Videos+at+Failblog.ORG%29

I’m from now on going to convince myself that warren is a high quality troll, that is the only logical explanation.

dont.care
    Participant

A “fake pro”, haha..

No, when I go to a job, I take my gear<period>, and I don’t have 6, I have 8. Flash isn’t only used to “fill”, it can also be used to overpower. I said, I “rarely” ever use all of them (at once). A “fake pro”, haha.. I believe in contingency, idiot. “REDUNDANCY”, would be another word that fits synonymously. Flashes have a tendency to overheat, they also break fairly easily if they fall, or whatever mishap may occur. I don’t get paid in the hundreds, I get paid in the thousands.. When people pay you thousands of dollars–they generally have little sympathy for equipment failure. They generally aren’t, “well that’s ok, we’ll just start over when you get that fixed.” It basically comes down to, I don’t care how you get this done, but get it done right, and get it done now. If I didn’t have backup equipment, I’d probably end up getting sued. I am HEAVILY invested into my business. But, that’s what professionals do. Buy professional equipment and have backups ICSH (in case shit happens).. So as far as calling me a fake pro? I’m not the one strutting around like a half cocked rooster boasting how great housewife equipment is v. pro gear. They market those lenses for consumers without the extra digit before the decimal for a reason.. So call it what you will

So Just because, “I” can afford what you can’t, doesn’t make me a “FAKE PRO”. It makes me successful. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1,276 through 1,290 (of 3,098 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.