Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Fauxtogs who should end up on the main page…

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 3,098 total)
  • Author
    fstopper89
    Participant

They haven’t heard of white balance or shooting in RAW. lol.

And those Barbie faces… super smoothed skin and super sparkly eyes… makes women look like aliens! Faces should have some texture, and blemishes can still be removed while retaining natural texture. Fauxs just have no clue how to do it. One of the photos linked to this thread had that freaky smoothing done to it.

Ugh, Behind My Lens by Tammy is a train wreck! I don’t get it, do they think editing consists of sliding the saturation and contrast sliders to 80%? She is clearly using a point-and-shoot. I’ll never understand how these people are taking extremely blurry photos (and in daylight) with their point-and-shoots though, since most of the time depending on the settings it’ll set it’s shutter speed automatically to be fast enough. To be honest, I can take some decent photos with my point-and-shoot on the “program” setting! And my old point-and-shoot (Canon PowerShot A510) you could actually “manually” control the aperture, shutter speed, and ISO to mimic the settings on a DSLR and I was able to get some actually decent photos on that one (not really portraits though) albeit it being 3 megapixels! Even if I tried to take a bad photo, it wouldn’t be as bad as some of these “professionals” are showing. It just makes me want to knock my head on a wall to understand this.

Mrs Woo
    Participant

A friend of mine announced her photography studio after going to BestBuy with her budget and being sold a Canon ELPH and being told it was an amazing camera, etc. etc.  I think she was editing with Picmonkey?

I have been so torn.  Worse, it was an eye-opener – people gush about her photography (then again, she also posts pictures of places she has never been and raves over the place without telling anyone it isn’t her picture) and even ask about buying prints.  It makes me think that I probably should hang things up – maybe the reactions to my photography are equally … friendly.

You can get great images with a point and shoot camera, even without being able to deal with too many settings, if you get to know it well enough.  However, I could never stand my inability to pick my own focus point with my point and shoot cameras – it would drive me crazy for close-up work (couldn’t really call that real macro).  I used SLR cameras in the 80s but didn’t ever want to spend the money to get a DSLR when I was a single mom.  After I remarried my husband got me a DSLR one year for Christmas.

One of these days I might even be good enough to try to become a fauxtographer…  Or not.

fstopper89
    Participant

Perusing craigslist tonight.

“Amateur photographer looking to build portfolio. I specialize in (insert every type of photography here).”

Charges way too much for what he’s describing he does, and it seems unprofessional.

http://appleton.craigslist.org/crs/3537971110.html

And, uh, this goes without saying…

http://appleton.craigslist.org/crs/3507346585.html

andyhal
    Participant

Free photoshoot with minimum $25 print order. No editing done. Act Now!!!

Ugh. Too much editing can be bad to very bad, but no editing?

http://columbusga.craigslist.org/crs/3576111552.html

fstopper89
    Participant

“Unedited photography” like he/she is some sort of elitist who can do so well without any editing. It’s called laziness. Basically, they’re just there to press the button.

dont.care
    Participant

Unedited photos means they suck at editing and don’t want to get sucked into that lie!! Btw, unless he’s using b&w film; he technically lied about the editing.. No digital camera (that I know of) shoots black and white by default..

Ok, so apparently after further review — the Leica M shoots B&W .. I highly doubt however, he is affording one of those.

Bloggs
    Participant

Sadly this is from folder entitled some of my best work.What is scary as hell is the bnw shots of the baby and the rose,it looks like somer kind of memorial photo shoot.She might be a lovely person but as a photographer,i dont thik she has an awful lot going for her.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.296673313775962.62435.100002998880771&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=296674520442508&set=a.296673313775962.62435.100002998880771&type=3&theater

dont.care
    Participant

Wow, that baby looks dead.. I’d be mad as hell if someone took a picture like that.. If that’s her best work, I’d hate to see her worst..

She uses that “imposing” angel standing over people.. Not a good angel .. she needs to be fired from her camera

Katie
    Participant
    dont.care
    Participant

;[ that is sad.. I really would like to write on that persons wall.. But–I should exercise restraint more..

cass335
    Participant

Oh my gosh….this person advertises themselves on Craigslist as “Classy Elegant Photography”.  And their page says they provide Award Winning Wedding Photography.  I am seriously curious as to what kind of award?! Because I highly doubt it…

http://www.lansingmichiganphotography.com/default.html

CoastalTog
    Participant

If they had a FB page, I’d ask them what award they won and how long ago it was.  Even funnier, if you search “reviews + phone number” you get a 5 star review from none other than the guys wife.  LOL.

fstopper89
    Participant

“Award Winning Wedding Photography” can’t even capitalize the proper letters or use correct punctuation on their own website. Fail. I’m sure they just pulled their business name out of their—.

dont.care
    Participant

I’d like to know what award too.. Those false vignettes are horrid, so much stuff is wrong ;[

Mrs Woo
    Participant

I have read that there’s one website that if you pay for a membership you get to be an “award winning photographer” for that year.  They could have done something like that?  🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 3,098 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.