Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Fauxtogs who should end up on the main page…

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 3,098 total)
  • Author
    fstopper89
    Participant

Yeah I was wondering about Cole Cutler, he’s just a kid who appears to be taking iPhone photos of his friends skateboarding… unless he’s got a FB page out there and advertising himself as a photographer for hire, he’s not a fauxtog.

KTM Photography has NO concept of how light affects a photograph! I don’t think I’ve ever seen worse shadowing.

WHAT IS THIS?? http://www.toyayoung.com/#!untitled/zoom/c1n0f/image16vo

And really? Put a guy with a turntable on some train tracks? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=100201683380345&set=a.100201600047020.165.100001715400441&type=3&theater

Trying to push the fetus out of her? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=312101762190335&set=a.308266332573878.73637.100001715400441&type=3&theater

cass335
    Participant

I used to use Paint Shop Pro (PSP) because it was so much cheaper than PS. It worked great for what I used it for. I liked the layers capability. Now I have the Creative Cloud on Adobe’s site. Since I use LR it is much easier to bounce between it and CS6, rather than PSP. The way I see it…use whatever editing program you want as long as you get a professional result from it. My dad does Art and he actually uses Microsoft Paint. Yes..I said Paint!  Lol. I still tease him about it. I gave him my copy of Paint Shop Pro and he said all the controls were too confusing, and he would just stick to what he knows.

fabled
    Participant

I have a really bad one to share but she does not own a Facebook. She charges ridiculous prices for poorly lit and edited photos. Its a site. Am I allowed to link?

monkeymess
    Participant

As far as photography by Cynthianna, i would like to make a few comments.. Some i will just keep to myself. Artistic views are to be left to the one taking the photo and the ones in the photo! The pregnancy photo with the “stretched out belly rings” and the “happy trail”. to me shows realism! I love how all of you have nothing better to do then bash on others, not only did you bash on the artist, but the clients in the photo. HOW MANY OF YOU allow the client to choose what they want for their photo? Such as a THEIR kid in a planter box, or to have FUN with a photo by taking a bench out! I dont suppose any of you idiots chose to look at the page and REALIZE that it says BEGINNER and HOBBY, so go on with being illiterate, bash MY work all you want, but someday someone will criticize yours too. GROW up and stop being children.

crazyr2d2
    Participant

photography by cynthianna may not be the best but she does not claim to be pro. she is just a hard working mom trying to have a hobby. do you people not have a life? do you not have anything better to do than criticize someone as much as you guys are criticizing her. you all are absolutely pathetic. get a life!!!!

dstone81
    Participant

Here is the thing as per her own/your own website it says PROFESSIONAL SERVICES. Also what this website is about is people who charge for their photography services and in truth have no business charging if they don’t even have the basic fundamentals of photography down. I am all for artistict expression, but  you have to be able to execute it well if you are going to charge for it.

seth
    Participant

I don’t get what this Kiddie Kandids thing is supposed to be that ktm photos worked for?

I mean, they’ll have a few really good studio shots then the rest is crap, repeat the pattern.  They were in Babies R Us!?

poisonivy
    Participant

Actually the fauxtog claims to be professional. Show us where it says beginner? And charging people isn’t a hobby. That’s running a business.

I’ve outlined where she claims to be a pro.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=296ncbb&s=6

seth
    Participant

monkeymess… you’re a mess.  There’s a difference: photographers will take the weird shot the parents want and not put it in their portfolio while fauxtographers put everything in their portfolios whether it be badly lit, out of focus, etc.  Big difference.

monkeymess
    Participant

photography
    noun    (Concise Encyclopedia)
    Method of recording permanent images by the action of light projected by a lens in a camera onto a film or other light-sensitive material.

Wait.. im the mess here right! so take it and shove it and back of my page

monkeymess
    Participant

And a thank you to crazyr2d2

JanJan
    Participant

I don’t speak for everyone, but for me, I am criticizing people’s work. Cynthianna and KTM might seem like nice people, but I’m criticizing their work, not them personally. However, I find it a little bit too far to troll on their Facebook pages and make comments with the intent of making them look dumb.

Just because someone is doing something as a hobby doesn’t mean they can charge people.  A hobby can turn into a paid job that they love and enjoy, but they have to meet with industry or consumer standards. Sorry to say…Cynthianna’s and KTM’s work are not up to par with the photography industry.

For instance, my full-time job as a web/graphic designer started out as a hobby when I was in high school, and it became my career 6 years later. My first websites (which were made using Geocities, AOL, and Tripod) were not up to par with the industry.

Same thing goes with photography. I’m about as new as Cynthianna and KTM, but I’ve been told my work is clearly better (http://www.photosbyanjanette.com/). However, because my work is not up to par with someone more experience, I rarely charge for my photography services. If I do get paid work, I make sure as hell that my pictures don’t appear on this website and this forum, and neither should anyone trying to pursue this as a business.

Maybe within time, they can do better, but they have to pretty much throw all their techniques out the window. If you look at their work objectively, would you honestly pay a single dime for the end product? For me, NO! I would be VERY pissed and even embarrassed!

Cam
    Participant

Camera Clicker  – Cole’s facebook page had a few photos he took with his 1000D, and they recieved hundreds upon hundreds of likes, and they weren’t composed well.

poisonivy
    Participant

Well said Alarnold!

seth
    Participant

bwahahahahahaha back off your page???  Who are you then??  So I can avoid your page.

Glad you know how to use an encyclopedia, congratulations!

However, I stand by what I said – a true professional would never show, as alarnold says, is not up to par with the industry.

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 3,098 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.