Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Fauxtogs who should end up on the main page…

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 3,098 total)
  • Author
    IHF
    Participant

Nouns work too. (There are a handful of “nouns photography” as well.  I’m not making this up the word nouns lol)  I was thinking next time adding the extra challenge of making it alphabetical.  Apple, bubbles, cat, dog, eye. EYE!!!!  Ahhh!  Be careful of that one lmbo

fstopper89
    Participant

@FauxRealz, you are trying to create a problem out of nothing. I never started out like the people I talk crap about, unless you count the quality of photographs I took when I was 12. lol. If you actually look at the photos on that website (my old Wix site) you will see that they were just a very small amount of average photos, hardly any even that are portraits. I never even developed the site to what the original intent was, a business site. I made it and never really added many photos and then decided I didn’t like it anyway. The intent was to charge for service at some point but at that time I did not. I never advertised the site, linked it, or promoted it to people. The people we post links to on here are very clearly producing work for clients, advertising, and charging for work that includes grainy/blurry photos, spot color, crazy bad editing, and no technical knowledge, etc. Look at those few photos again, they are mostly exposed well and in focus. You can think what you want, but these are just the facts. You and some others have completely misinterpreted things, and then got into the crazy pack mentality. Had your fun trying to bully/belittle me when most of what you have written is utterly laughable. Especially some who were trying their hardest to find some little thing to incriminate me. I have no problem listening to honest critiques of my work. I’ve never sat there and cut down any good photographers. Or spewed any hatred.

On another note now, that is kinda funny about the drinking game. I can imagine it would be hilarious. I did once search the word “fauxtography” though and found a few “businesses” calling themselves that. WTF?

sajelthomas
    Participant

Everyone please stop bashing BEG. It is so unnecessary….especially considering with her stuck up attitude and average (at best) photography she will sink her own ship later…let’s talk about things that matter again.

fstopper89
    Participant

Sorry, this ship’s not sinking 🙂

The only ship that’ll sink is the one too preoccupied with jealousy that they can’t even see the water coming on deck on the other side.

sajelthomas
    Participant

Or the ship too preoccupied with self righteousness to see it’s own faults.

haylott
    Participant

Oh Oh I wanna play….how about the ship that spends all of her time finding fault in other people’s work in every photography forum instead of taking pictures….haven’t seen any updated work lately brown eye.

youaintallthat
    Participant

Or the ship delusional enough to believe all other ships are jealous of it.

Cam
    Participant

There hasn’t been a post with links to fauxtographers in ages, what has this forum become?

sajelthomas
    Participant

@ Cam There was a link posted recently. It was the famous brown eyed girl’s first website proving that she started out just like all these other fauxs did. But of course she made 5 million excuses for why she is better than those people. Delusional is an understatement

fstopper89
    Participant

Self-righteousness? Hmm. Tell me where “I know my work is good but understand I can always improve some things” is self-righteousness.

Finding fault? How about critiques for people when they post their work. Just like every other poster does here. What these forums are pretty useful for.

You’re all welcome to look at that link, to the website I never pursued to develop nor advertised anywhere. I haven’t gotten around to deleting it yet, nor do I really care. Lol it was not fauxtography at all. And I didn’t start out like the fauxs did.

mykelhelene
    Participant

@BEG You wonder why we take the fact that you’re pompus from this forum, and then youpost non stop about the people bashing on you being ‘jealous’… Really? No one is jealous of you. Just stop saying that.

fstopper89
    Participant

Some of the posts sure made it evident there was some kind of repressed psychological issues going on. It could be jealousy. I’m only taking that from certain specific statements or ways people have stated things, especially the ridiculous exaggerations.

FauxRealz
    Participant

So now you’re a psychologist too?  Nice.  I used to look at reddit pages for a laugh during my free time, but this makes me smile just as much.  🙂

DaisyJune
    Participant

Oy. This isn’t fun anymore!

fstopper89
    Participant

Yep. I’m a psychologist too. *snickers*

Or, I can just tell a little bit about a person by the way they state things.

@FauxRealz
    , you started this beef with me because you have a friend who’s work was linked to this thread.

I invite EVERYONE following this forum to go back, start at page 1, and actually read the entire thread. I just did it, and nowhere in there did I start belittling people or doing anything unnecessary. I was one of the friendlier posters, offering critiques/reasons why a photo was good or bad, defending some photogs who really weren’t fauxtogs considering the greater body of their work, and I wasn’t even posting as many links to fauxtogs as some of the people were (which is somewhat irrelevant anyway, on this particular website). Someone had an issue with me saying I was making excuses, which I was not, but I think it was her misinterpretation, and I don’t really hold that against her. One person may see something as an excuse when really it’s just a reason. I’ve had to defend myself way too much over ridiculous accusations and exaggerations by people who have not been backing up their statements with facts or constructive criticism. In a setting such as the internet or any sort of debate platform, its SO easy to join the “crowd” and there is safety in numbers. So it was easy for some random poster to agree with another post, take it out of context, and blow it up more and more. Like the “telephone” game. I never said I was a perfect photographer, but I know, and have been told by countless people, that I produce good work and have a good grasp on it. I’ve said myself many times I am excited to always learn new and better ways to do photography. I’m passionate about it! And I’m young yet and therefore have time to perfect different aspects of my work and my business. The people I’ve criticized are serious fauxtographers who very obviously picked up a camera and thought they could make a quick buck with it, started heavily advertising and charging, and not delivering any sort of quality a person would want to display anywhere. And in my criticism I’ve given reasons that are backed by technical facts and artistic knowledge. I never bashed on people because I felt they were close competition. There are several local photogs to me who do wonderful work, and if you visited their pages you’d see many, many compliments on their work from ME. If I was mad at them, or annoyed they were taking potential clients, that would be jealousy on my part. But I’m not. They are equal to me and in the same boat, and their efforts to produce good work should be recognized. I think some of the outright nasty comments on here are only making those posters look like fools.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 3,098 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.