Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Fauxtogs who should end up on the main page…

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 2,866 through 2,880 (of 3,098 total)
  • Author
    Worst Case Scenario
    Participant

Oooh I haven’t put anything here for ages. Here’s one I found today

http://www.imag-ine.co.uk/neen-150214-11bw#photo

The website says they do

Commercial – but there are NO pics

Weddings – but there is only ONE pic

And  TRAINING!!!!!!!

IHF
    Participant

Fstopper,

OMG!  I think I had an acid relapse going through that port!  lol  She’s marked as a favorite to keep an eye on 😉

As for licensing… We all know that would never happen.  And do we really want it to?  But, I DO think it would be really cool to have a reality TV show “So you want to be a photographer”.  Think about it.  They have them for fashion, cooking, makeup, costume, modeling etc  And I LOVE watching them.  A photography show would be so much fun, and with everyone getting into photography, it would be a sure hit that would be full of laughs and groans, and even some ooooohs and awwwws.  Someone needs to pitch this idea.  They could have different genres and challenges…  are you feeling it?

IHF
    Participant

AHHHHHHHHH worst case!  NOOOOO!!!!!  What’s sad is someone will take them up on the offer lol

emf
    Participant

I would love it if someone made a tv show like that!! I don’t know if it’s the same on the other side of the pond but in the UK we have challenge programs for lots of creative things, interior design, hairdressing, sewing, baking, gardening, music etc…  It would be awesome to have one for photography!

Crapulous
    Participant

This person advertised their services in a buy/sell group today.  No clue about lighting and composition.  Most photos are in full sun.  She has wedding photos where you can see the wedding party are looking at the real photographer and she’s just snapping along.  Babies stuffed in things with chunky props badly arranged around them.   All the cheesiest poses.  Is there a polite way i can mention on her post that she needs to learn the basics?  I realise that she’s had a nice big car door magnet printed up, so she must be professional, but I cringe at the thought of anyone hiring her.

https://www.facebook.com/elsphotography1995

jussharp
    Participant

There’s no way of mentioning that she needs to learn the basics. Those who don’t know what they are doing, rarely knows that they don’t know what they are doing. To her, she produces great photos and if you tell her otherwise, you are wrong.

jussharp
    Participant

I have figured out the secret to photography. Just put a vignette on every photo you take: https://www.facebook.com/StephanieThompsonPhotography/photos_stream

CPowers
    Participant

I think I saw 2 shots without vignette… so it’s not “every” one.. lol

bananaslugs
    Participant

@Crapulous

You can tell her but she probably won’t listen. It’s the Dunning-Kruger effect. People who are the least skilled tend to overestimate their abilities whereas people with more knowledge are able to realize that there’s a lot they don’t know.

Maybe post some links to REAL photographers on her page in the comments section lol. I’m naive enough to think that these fauxs will be humbled once they see some real photography. I almost became a faux when I first started out because I allowed the “OMG you’re so amazing!!” comments to get to my head a little. However, looking at some REAL photography immediately knocked some sense back into me and prompted me to delete my fauxtos from the internets.

Crapulous
    Participant

Oh no, another one has offered their services to me.  This one thinks backlit subjects look good, and likes to lie babies down in rocks, itchy grass or  leaf litter etc where they look totally uncomfortable….

“until december 31st I have a special on all in time for xmas. For $50 you get an hour at the Nerima Gardens @ queens park with all photo’s taken put onto a usb and dropped off to your door step. ”

for many more examples: https://www.facebook.com/sonic.snap/photos_stream

emf
    Participant

That’s horrible, what parents in their right mind would put their newborn down on rocks! Mind boggling!

CPowers
    Participant

Is it wrong to post “OMG you suck” on her page? That was some hard stuff to look at right there.

bananaslugs
    Participant
    cass335
    Participant

Okay, I know this isn’t a “fauxtographer” but I had to share this request for a photographer. They are willing to pay $15 an hour for their 9-12 hour wedding, and are even willing to let you use some of the photos you take for your portfolio. And hey….if you are good they may even offer to pay you more.

http://lansing.craigslist.org/crg/4738151696.html

picstop
    Participant

@cass335….holy cowpies! Not only are they “willing” to pay the princely sum of $180 for 12 hours, but they’d love to have TWO photographers (with “real” cameras as oppose to fake ones I suppose?). $90 for 12 hours of work? This is a GEM of an ad. If the fiance was truly any sort of self-respecting photographer, she’d be screaming at her husband-to-be to stop being such a cheapo and dish out for a real photographer. But I guess she’s a faux too. I’m surprised they aren’t asking for the raws…another sign of someone saying “I’m cheap and think I can save even more money by editing the pics myself” when in reality, you likely have no clue what a raw even is as well as “wants to help a fellow photographer grow”. Those are all the tell-tale signs of a couple with no budget whatsoever spinning it to look like they simply are trying to do someone a favour. All in all, a damn insulting “ad” and I pity the poor fool desperate enough to actually get involved with this couple that thinks their pics of a once in a lifetime event is worth less than what I spent on dinner tonight at a nice restaurant for my wife and I.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,866 through 2,880 (of 3,098 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.