Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Fauxtogs who should end up on the main page…

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 2,836 through 2,850 (of 3,098 total)
  • Author
    bananaslugs
    Participant

My nine year old nephew has a better grasp of spelling and grammar. What a loser. I love how she writes, “Thanks for giving me a star for TRYING!”  Awww how cute. She’s trying to be “sassy” in response to the negative reviews. It doesn’t even look like she TRYING to improve her photography.

seth
    Participant

I don’t think Monkeying Around is our typical faux.

zaps
    Participant

Thanks for the answers guys I would like ta hear what you think about http://www.ishelvidalphotography.com the reason I ask is because I want to have family pics taken and is hard to make a decision in which one to choose I really don’t want drama on why didmy you choose me and so….

zaps
    Participant

Thanks for the answers guys I would like ta hear what you think about http://www.ishelvidalphotography.com the reason I ask is because I want to have family pics taken and is hard to make a decision in which one to choose I really don’t want drama on why didmy you choose me and so….

picstop
    Participant

Don’t know if it’s just me but your last link zaps, comes up “server not found”.

If you’re looking to have family photos taken, you might want to start a new thread title something like…”I want to have family photos taken.  What should I look for in a photographer”?

zaps
    Participant

My bad! is http://www.ishelvphotography.com/ and the reason I’m asking here is because i know all of the photographers i mention, and i want to choose the one that will give the best pics. All of them think they are better than the other, and i really don’t care what they think about each other i just want good pics that’s why i would like you to lead me on which one will be better.

urkiddingright
    Participant

@zaps: The link you posted screams faux to me immediately.  The logo is exceptionally amateur and the site is clearly not professional at all.  The separate gallery links prove that.  As soon as I clicked on gallery 1, there was music playing.  That sends me running immediately in the other direction.  I hated the site, so I checked out the Facebook page.  Not much better.  Over reliance on photo actions and filters, strange vignette blur on a lot of the photos, very little grasp of composition, train track photos, selective coloring…I could go on.  Look elsewhere to get your family photos done.

picstop
    Participant

Ok, zaps, I see it now.

First let me just say a few things.  Please take no offense to this but, I find your reason for posting a tad perplexing.  I spend time on a few other forums dedicated to photography and every once in a while, someone will ask “which camera should I buy”?  We don’t know why he/she needs it, what the photograph, their budget and so on.  A number of us usually point out that there is a wealth of information out there from reputable testing sites as to the abilities of one camera vs. another.  Asking how to use it is a different question.  So what happens is people chime in with their favourite choices of camera but we don’t really know what’s a good fit for the person asking.

Your question is similar but I’ll grant you we now know you want family photos taken.  Your other concern is they all think they are the best.  Well, they will think that.  Doesn’t make it so.  It’s up to you to decide that.  Which leads me to my “please don’t take offense” part wherein I’ll say, “they all have pics posted so what do you think?”  If you look at all those pics and you actually like them, then you’re good to go.  Do you really need me to tell you they are good (for you)?  I can tell you if I would hire them, or not.  In the end, you have to decide if you like the price and pics.  It’s not too different from the person asking me which camera to buy.  I can tell you what I want and need.

Well, that all said, I wouldn’t hire this lady.  There are some saving gems in there but they really are needles in haystacks.  For one, as urkiddingright says, her wedsite is irritating.  I personally (and it’s considered “best practice” for the most part in creating a website) is to nix the music.  At least there is a pause button.  However, the layout is difficult to navigate and thankfully after much digging, I did notice the fb link.

After going to fb (cause you can’t tell much from teeny tiny pics on her website), I didn’t find much to float my boat.

Though we can all make mistakes, I’ll never understand why people post them.  Personally I’d prefer the subject be in focus and not the foliage…

https://www.facebook.com/milaishelphotography/photos/a.155605427929156.34330.155535167936182/319593604863670/?type=3&theater

Or, though one of her better ones, the blown parts and neon glow and fountain coming out of the head are distracting….

https://www.facebook.com/milaishelphotography/photos/a.155550077934691.34326.155535167936182/291901440966220/?type=3&theater

And though you’re inquiring about family photos, there isn’t much for me to peruse so I had to peek at wedding shots and I wasn’t too thrilled with them.  From heavy vignetting to blurry shots to fake bokeh, (along with offering “x” amount of pics and only some get edited though that’s not an issue for you), I’m not impressed.

So, I think this lady is another in a long list of “could be good if applies herself” but for now is either just getting there or is happy with where she is.  I would not hire her.  Good luck in your search and if you really feel helped by linking others here, opinions will follow.  Don’t forget, the ultimate decision lies with you.

One last tip.  Flip back through these pages and look at some of the other “Fauxtogs who should end up on the main page…” and see what makes up a faux.  Then when you find another candidate, if their pics look like anything you’ve seen here, move on.

zaps
    Participant

I take no ofense in what youre saying  I agree with you.

All i wanted to hear was opinions to confirm how I really feel about this so called “professionals” I’ll look some where else for my family pics. Thanks a lot!!

illekkenobi
    Participant

There is currently a fauxtog showdown going on in my town.  Not only is “Back Country Photography” just a crappy “photographer”  she is stealing photos AND lying about it when she is confronted with tons of damning evidence.

Back Country Photography in New Castle, Pennsylvania

alexandra
    Participant

“I use only natural light and the built in camera flash if needed
    because according to this ad apparently using diffused light from off-camera flashes is harmful for baby’s brain development, while pop-up flash is not…

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-photography-video/london/newborn-photography/1032102193?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I wish there was a Facebook page for this one (or website as promised), but I didn’t find anything unfortunately…

Byoung625
    Participant

Okay – I love this site. I stalk it daily (I consider myself a photographer… yes) I always get a kick out of Faux’s being shamed when their work is truly terrible and not just a “starting out” type thing. I normally wouldn’t post this, but I am just fed up. This fauxtog has been in business since 2011… her work should be WAY better if she were actually TRYING. Her work is TERRIBLE. Her pictures are shot in auto mode in bad lighting… AND I HATE THE COMMENTS! “omg, these are such gorgeous beautiful pictures” “wonder pictures sarah!” KILL!

https://www.facebook.com/129152900508230/photos/a.718194181604096.1073741886.129152900508230/718194268270754/?type=1&theater

I love how you can’t even read the name. Most of her photos are bad composition, etc.. I guess it all depends on who you know. When I see things like this, it makes me want to leave this business. Seriously. I know they aren’t my competition, but how does a crappy faux with NO WEBSITE and a crappy watermark and SHIT PRODUCT even get ANY clients??

fstopper89
    Participant

https://www.facebook.com/RachaelWinterPhotography/timeline

Yikes, found this gem! I’m not sure if English is her 2nd language or if she just has no concept of grammar/spelling. She is from Australia. I can’t even understand what many of her posts are saying. She commented in a photography forum asking something about if Photoshop is a program that will make her photos better. I found her personal FB page with lots of distorted and horrible photos and a small advertisement for a photo shoot. I searched for her photography page and found it. Holy moly. She claims it is “just a hobby so at your own risk for danger” yet she is advertising pregnancy and baby shoots for $80??? So this is her way of saying she’s not in business but you still have to pay her. She posted too that her boyfriend bought her a 700D (T5i) with three kit lenses and she is so happy.

emf
    Participant

…….just WOW!!

I had to tear myself away from her fb page!

Bill
    Participant

Probably not a Faux, but definitely a poor choice for putting on a chalk board. I had to really look close to make sure it did not say “He Raped me”. Maybe put “He roped me in” or something like that.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/101608681@N05/15185266603/

Viewing 15 posts - 2,836 through 2,850 (of 3,098 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.