Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Fauxtogs who should end up on the main page…

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 2,206 through 2,220 (of 3,098 total)
  • Author
    Gerbles
    Participant

^^^ Actually you did use the word “pro” which is an abbreviated form of  professional.

fstopper89
    Participant

Regardless of “professional” or “experienced,” his work is plain blah. I saw a few blurry wedding photos, shots where people weren’t even looking at the camera for a posed shot, and everything appears to be shot with a cheap kit lens due to the slight distortion that isn’t done to be creative and the infinite depth of field on most of them. Who knows how these people stay in business. Must be a good BUSINESSMAN, not a good photographer.

PS did anyone else see the shot of the naked mom hugging her little daughter in the family photo section?

cameraclicker
    Participant

PS did anyone else see the shot of the naked mom hugging her little daughter in the family photo section?

Not me.  I didn’t realize clicking on the menu item that caused a drop down menu gave a bonus set of images!  I got the drop down menu on mouse-over, so never clicked.  I had to go back twice before I found it, after you said it was there.  Her “little daughter” isn’t all that little.

alexandra
    Participant

I keep finding so many terrible ones on the kijiji page from where I live. Lately there are at least four bad ones for one decent one. I feel like if I shared them all, they may find out who I am and come after me, but I cannot help it for this one – those boudoir photos are just plain scary…

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Christina-Stuart-PhotographerOwner/158890087499655

Intuition
    Participant

Alexandria, for my own sanity I REFUSE to believe those aren’t intentionally bad. I refuse.

seth
    Participant

The other thing about Justine is that she’ll be back, being as bizarre as ever.

nesgran
    Participant

This is just a fantastic shot https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=579194905469169&set=pb.158890087499655.-2207520000.1385450671.&type=3&theater

I was going to start listing the problems but realised I had to leave for work in ten minutes

alexandra
    Participant

Okay one more:
    https://www.facebook.com/michaelbrayphotography

Uhhhhhh…. nice studio?
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=438418992947441&set=a.438418832947457.1073741851.420296158093058&type=1&theater

Edit: so apparently he doesn’t charge, so not exactly a “fauxtog” but he’s definitely in need of a lot of learning and practice

seth
    Participant

That’s just so bad I don’t know how to describe it.

cameraclicker
    Participant

Well, if Michael shows up to complain he was featured here, here is a movie for him to watch.

seth
    Participant

I love how that guy acts like if you say that’s not your style of photography, you must be stupid and you have to do what he’s teaching you.  /sarcasm

Bill
    Participant

WOW, I think for the 1st time, I have no words to say for the few examples given above.

The only things that can come to mind for Michael – if your going to use facebook for a means to do photography,you can at least rotate the photos correctly. At least he is not charging, pr at least from what I read.

For the Christina Stuart, ………….

I have done some Boudoir photos and not saying that you have to be a supermodel to pull them off, it helps, but not a requirement. But some people just do not look good doing Boudoir. The ones she did, look like I am thumbing through some swingers clubs, wife swapping or some crazy strange sex photo session, and not in a good way.

I need a bath…..in alcohol or something now.

CC, good link, especially for this reason. Maybe some will take that tutorial and use it wisely.

cameraclicker
    Participant

Seth, it may be in the presentation, he does sound a little exasperated.  I just got the message that he wants the viewer to be less lazy, and to at least try what he is suggesting.

Thanks, Bill.  I saw Michael’s “studio” photos, and thought he needs to see something done in a small space.   The other Michael, with wife Emily, who does the Smoking Strobes videos, has done a few videos that used a small space.  He did several videos of women wearing not much.  One was shot using the light from a Mac book monitor and another was shot in a Beijing hotel suite, where he hung speedlites from the ceiling using coat hangers and string to attach them to the heating vents.

Christina Stuart’s photography business must be subsidized.   “Santa is coming to the studio” … “20 Minutes of studio time; 3 Digitally enhanced, high resolution… emailed proofs; 2 Units of printing, not exceeding 8×10 in size; And a 10 minute visit with the jolly guy himself….Santa!; For only $35.00 tax included.; Makes a great gift!”  She is in London, Ontario, so she is a couple of hour’s drive from me.  Ontario has HST, provincial tax is “harmonized” with federal sales tax, so we pay 13% tax on almost every purchase.  The customer’s bill is $30.97 for the photo session including 2 prints and 3 emailed files, plus $4.03 for sales tax.  To be fair, that’s $90/hour for photos of unacceptably low quality based on her Facebook postings.  Typically at the local mall, the photographer has a store or studio in the mall, so the Santa sessions are an opportunity to make some of the yearly rent for mall space.  At our local malls, the children seem to get a couple of minutes with Santa, and their parents get to pay $50 to $300 depending on the package of photos they choose.  Since Santa’s visit is picked up by the mall, children can have their visit and get a candy cane for free, but it does seem the mall photographer’s profit margin is a little higher than Christina’s.

Under Bill and Jean’s Wedding Day…May 25, 2013, she wrote:  “Gorgeous pictures threw out the day, and a lovely setting at the Rose Garden for bridal party shots. Great job.”  I think she meant “Gorgeous pictures throughout the day …”, but I could be mistaken.  I wonder where the day was thrown out, and if the city’s recycling folks would pick it up, or if it had to go to the dump.  I’ve looked through the set of photos and I’m still wondering who did the “Great job”.

I don’t shoot Boudoir, and if I did, I wouldn’t post it to Facebook.  However, thanks to Google and advertisements, it is easy to demonstrate you can make a plus sized girl look very good if you understand light, posing, and photography.  This is the first link Google provided:  http://www.glamorose.com/Plus-Size-Lingerie-s/27.htm?Click=121861&match=p&net=g&dev=c&devmod=&mobile=no&src=searchnet&adid=39020454183&place=&adpos=1t1.

Not sure where to place this since its hard to find where to navigate to on here. But other than that, pretty great site. I’ve recently been complaining about the fauxtogs in my nearby area. I’m by no means a pro, more of a pretty decent hobbyist, but I find that its sad that these people call themselves “pros” and charge people money for crap.

When I get a chance I’m going to look up some of my locals to post on here. And some are pretty horrible. I’m talking portraits that are so heavily softened that the model’s nose has disappeared. Boudoir that flatters no one and I would kill if I was the model in those. As a matter of fact, I can find that boudoir one real quick.

Here we go  https://www.facebook.com/TinaTilleyBoudoirPhotography

With some of these pictures, I know facebook cannot or will not do this, but I would love to see the exif data and see what alot of these photos were taken with.

Bill
    Participant

Thank you Roycebennett – I think I may have seen some of those boudoir photos from a documentary series about serial killers.

Yes CC, I believe that with boudoir, you size isn’t always a factor, there are plenty of woman who do not fit the “petite” definition by no means and are plenty beautiful. I think skinny woman are pretty but sometimes some curves here and there don’t hurt.
    I found a list, not mine, of some “plus” size woman models that may also change some peoples idea of what curvy or full-figured should look like >>>HERE

Viewing 15 posts - 2,206 through 2,220 (of 3,098 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.