Home Forums Let’s Talk Photography Encouragement/Constructive criticism?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    dicksforeyes
    Participant

Pointing out that you accidentally shot a few good photos as anyone with a camera inevitably will is not a compliment to an aspiring photographer. It is exactly the opposite.

stef
    Participant

I looked at several of your images, and found a few good ones. In your wedding shoot 3 years ago, there were a couple great shots, but a ton of shots were messed up with dutch angles. Tilty without a reason is just tilty… and looks bad. Some of your b/w processing was bad, but I’d expect you’ve improved a bit since then. You showed some fun initiative and that came through in many of your images and poses.

I also liked some of your artwork… a bit higher percentage than your photography.

You have a lot of stuff available, and it’d be very easy to pick out some good ones or some bad ones, but there’s not a good representative cross section. I couldn’t find anything with a sampling of what you consider your best images. You’re all over the place in skill. Some were really good. Some were really bad. Most were somewhere in the middle. But I only saw a single tilty shot you made that was actually good (in a frame house being constructed with interesting lines) … all the rest were ruined by strange angles.

Your stuff on facebook was not very good, and looks like you were shooting while standing in a canoe … only two horizons are straight. Plus, facebook isn’t a good place for a portfolio. The ring shot you have looks horribly out of focus, but downloaded it looks better.

My suggestion: Get better at critiquing your own work and composition. Break the rules only after you learn them. Release what you deem good, and put the best ones in a single folder. If you insist on using facebook, resize things for 720px long or less, and sharpen for screen.

You are a fauxtographer. Some study on composition can fix that.

HennyM
    Participant

looked at a few of your photos, and i am very sorry, but you might want to get a tripod, i started feeling seasick looking at your wedding photos. also, why would anyone want to document a dog licking ice cream?

EDIT: looked at a few more and you should invest in one… or learn how to hold your camera straight. i believe if you can’t afford either, eve the free editing softwares have a feature to straighten photos.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.