Home Forums Photography Showcase Do you like my work?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    amber
    Participant
    amber
    Participant

what the heck :/??

amber
    Participant
    amber
    Participant
    amber
    Participant
    Worst Case Scenario
    Participant

Yes.

But I think the maternity shots are little over edited and it’s making the skin plastic. How are you doing it?

Ipshwitz
    Participant

Be careful with your blur tool. It looks like you got a little lazy on the B&W as you can see her hair was blurred when you were creating that effect.

Also, your cropping is a little off. The B&W has odd cropping on her arm and just showing the top of her leg like that.

amber
    Participant

That day was really kinda dark soni had to up the ISP making ittreacly noisy do I used noise reduction and blur I did get kind of carried away. My husband also pointed it out haha and I wanted the top of her hair to be blurry but yet again not to that extent. I need to do a finally look overpost editing to look for any mistakes. 🙂 other then that any other critiques?AmI considered a fauxtog? Lol

amber
    Participant

Sorry I’m on my phone and it’s autocrore exiting the crap out of my words!! *so I had to up the ISO.

iliketag
    Participant

You have very strong work as far as the technical side goes. The images are clean, well lit, and focused well. With the exeception of the overdone skin on the maternity shots, you have good work.

I have two qualms beside that though…

One is the first shot. Your subject is smack dab in the middle and has a rather awkward body language. It’s up to you, as their photographer, to direct your subject and make them feel confident and at ease. She looks a little rigid, like she’s nervous. This is perfectly natural, models will be nervous from time to time, especially women who don’t necessarily know how beautiful they are (pregnant women can be extremely self concious)! However, you must do your best to make them laugh or relax and project that moment of comfort/ease.

The other issue relates to the second piece of the one above. The girl with the headshot/portraits, has a beautiful smile but it just doesn’t seem entirely natural. There’s nothing wrong with a posed smile but this one lacks the energy I feel could really make it fantastic. She’s beautiful and has these amazing blue eyes… but I just can’t get over the rigid-ness again.

Maybe it’s just me. Are you doing consultations and spending time with your clients before you start shooting? Are you talking to them constantly and building them up/showing a genuine interest in their lives?
    This is something I personally struggle with. I royally suck at small talk. I usually try to capture my subjects laughing or grinning at something I’ve said (or the other person, if applicable, has said). It makes it a little more relaxed and natural.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.