Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Current Fauxtog…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tessab
    Participant
    stef
    Participant

I’ve seen way worse.

Pay more attention to your backgrounds, even when using thin DOF.

You shoot a lot of kids… shooting positions other than “standing and shooting down at kid” are generally more interesting. When you’re doing shots of “kids being kids”, try getting down to their eye level but be careful of any stray limbs in front of the camera getting all distorted. Your different angles are good to try and give some dynamic feel, but don’t get all tilty and Dutch… keep the horizons either out of view, or flat.

If you were charging for your work, you would be a fauxtographer. Right now you’re a MWC preserving memories. And that’s okay!

Mikey_Baker79
    Participant

Not bad,

My recommendation is similar to the above, just work on some different poses, also try and avoid those “stock” type shots, maybe do a search on photographer such as Sally Mann. Sure she uses a large format which gives detail you can’t get with digital easily, but her shots of her kids are amazing and I’ve learned a lot from her myself.

Keep up the good work and always keep learning.

Brownie
    Participant

Props for dropping Sally Mann’s name. She’s a brilliant large format photographer who did photographs with kids interestingly

lovethissite
    Participant

I LOVE IT

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.