Home Forums Photography Showcase Constructive Input and Critics Please

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jace Lightman
    Participant

Would love for some other outside people to look at the work and give me some constructive critics or just remarks. Most of our new photos are always posted on the timeline but some sets can be found in the galleries as well. If you like my work please like the page. Just wondering what others think of our work and interested in the feedback or any tips or suggestions. Thanks for taking the time to go through it.

https://www.facebook.com/DreamboxDesignsAndMagicMomentsPhotography?fref=ts

Thom
    Participant

It looks good. But one thing I would suggest is to be really critical of what you post publicly. Shave your images down to the VERY best. Right now, it just looks like you wallpapered your portfolio. Also, I argue with my friend about this a lot…I NEVER put people in front of graffiti. It’s just way too busy and your eye gets distracted. He (being a D.J.) likes having his photo taken in front of graffiti. I told him if that’s the case, it better be your own graffiti art.

Cheers,

Thom

nesgran
    Participant

I think most of your photos from 2013 are good but I have a few nit picks. Biggest one are the underexposed faces in a fair few photos which is a shame. I also agree with Thom that you need to be more selective about the photos you put on facebook. I would also consider removing or reediting a some of the older photos as they are suffering from things like over smoothing of skin, selective colouring, random photoshop filters, very orange skin tones (the maranda shoot in particular), snapshotiness that doesn’t belong a business page. The way the photos come up on the fb page are also rather haphazard. There is no consistency in the style which is a little jarring (the photos aren’t bad but they don’t go together) and looking further back there is an ad for a child care centre next to a photo of a scandily clad woman. Many of the older photos are nowhere near as well done as the stuff you are doing now and there are so many photos a customer looking on the webpage would be overwhelmed if they are using the fb page as a portfolio. Most of the 2012 photos seem like they should be on your private fb and not the business one.

Graffiti can make a great backdrop but I would prefer if it wasn’t in focus for a lot of those shots as it is distracting.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.