Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Common Mistakes? CC

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    lansangel
    Participant

For me, Facebook has a very generic look, and with her own site, she would be able to know more on how to design the site that would speak more of her and what she does… just my .02 cents.

christinanina
    Participant

I definitely would create a website once I move (I’m going to graduate pretty soon, and until then, I need to focus on school and studies as well) …and I plan on moving and eventually doing portraits as a side business..maybe freelance? Editorial has always interested me.

But as of now, it doesn’t seem logical for me to pay $99 a year or whatever amount, when there are things like lenses and equipment I want to invest in. I don’t make enough to pay for those, but if I charged enough to, I wouldn’t get as much experience as I currently do. Also, winter where I am, is a season where almost no one wants to take outdoor pictures. Maybe I’ll get a job to pay for stuff in the meantime…but I’d like to be able to pay for college too. And until I set up a studio of sorts, I can’t take indoor shots, although I started a class today where I can learn more about off-camera and strobe lighting.

When I’m 18, I promise to file taxes and do business right with a website portfolio. Until then…people my age care more about the pictures, and I feel most couldn’t be bothered to go on a website, especially if it’s not compatible with their phones. Thanks for the input!

christinanina
    Participant

But since you asked, here are the free versions of sites I experimented with. I haven’t updated them in a long time, because except for WordPress mostly as a blog, I don’t see them as options for me at this point.

http://christinamphoto.wordpress.com/

http://www.wix.com/christionlineyt/cmphotography

lansangel
    Participant

From both of your sites, I can say that you are really serious when it comes to photography… your blog shows your lighter side… Nice touches with the other site and I also see that you keep it as simple as possible… My idea of you using a free site at the moment is to experiment on it just like you said with these sites. aside from your shots, you may also want to get comments on the experiments that you do on these sites. This should help you get a better idea on how you can market your business better to other people.

creyes8519
    Participant

Work on your white balance.  You have some awesome shots that are a little too warm.  Some with some color cast that take away from the picture.  Most are almost spot-on.   I love that you’re 16 and you take your work seriously.   I really really like your work your subjects look so happy and relaxed.  Your shots look so fun and really a lot of seasoned professionals, even high-end photographers, fail to show that in their photos.  It’s refreshing and you definitely already have your own style going on.   Kudos.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.