Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch Check It Out

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    photokg
    Participant

I don’t claim to be a professional and just take pictures as a hobby. Math guy so art isn’t necessarily natural to me. The only editing I do is changing brightness and contrast. Simplicity is the name of my game.

Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch Check It Out

Churchy
    Participant

Your site clearly states that you are an amateur, so you can make any number of errors and foul ups! You are not a faux. You just have a great hobby 🙂

In fact, I’d go as far as to say that your honesty at the start of the site should be an example to most amateur/hobby photographers!

Chris.

photokg
    Participant

Yeah- I mean to be totally honest I’m not so much concerned with the semantics of pho v. faux, I’m just here for feedback :).

Brownie
    Participant

The photograph of your cat on your tumblr page is actually really nicely composed.  It has a natural warmth to it, that doesn’t seem cliche or over done, it seems comfortable. Honestly, my favorite part of the photograph is the sunset outside, it adds to this warmth. Also the blue in that blanket compliments the oranges from outside as well as the orange in the cat.

I like it!

Nightrose
    Participant

I like the cat photo too!  I’d say the one of the girl wearing the hoodie needs better lighting as it pretty much loses all of her facial features and it would be awesome if you could have lit up her eyes more. Just a matter of experimenting with light 🙂

stef
    Participant

Aye, you’re not competing for a title of photographer or fauxtographer… that’s a different game.

It also looks like you’re doing a 365 project. You’ll learn a lot. Keep it up, no matter what, and try to make any kind of compelling image every day.

As a math guy, you will appreciate things like the inverse square law.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.