Home Forums Main YANAP Discussion Forum Can i get opinions on this picture?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    newphoto
    Participant
    newphoto
    Participant

Im not asking about the photo its self. Im not saying anything bad about it. I just wondering how many like the use of candy corn? My husband caught me looking at it and said i was not that creative to think of using candy corn. I will agree with him im a vary simple photographer. I like the people to be the focus not the props. Anyway we got into an argument and about it and he wonted me to ask other people if they would use it as a prop. I have seen allot of the photographers work and she is vary good so its not that i think the photo is bad i just don’t like the candy corn used as a prop. My opinion, sorry. So im just wondering if i really am to plain or if this is to much?

IHF
    Participant

The biggest problems aren’t with the candy corn.  It makes me question your work if you think this is a good photograph. But yes, I think the candy corn is silly, and it only makes the photo that much worse.

newphoto
    Participant

Im  not trying to judge anyone’s work for what it is, Im only trying to prove to my husband that im not the only person who does not like covering a baby in candy corn and that he is soooooo wrong when he tells me that i should do stuff like that. He thinks this is what people wanna see. Maybe it is?

Notaphotographer
    Participant

I do not like the candy corn..  I get the concept.. poorly executed..However  I do have a tendency to agree with your husband about what people want to see. It constantly amazes me what people like these days. It is part of the reason sites like this one exist.  I am willing to bet that if you ask the same question to the general public most will like it. Shaking head sadly. 🙁

IHF
    Participant

Not this person, but to each their own.  I just wish it was taken properly.  Seriously, that it what bothers me more than anything.  If people are into props, gimmicks, fads, whatever, then go for it, but at least know how to take a descent photograph first, and do it well.

snoshi
    Participant

why do people insist on putting infants in baskets?

IHF
    Participant

Something to consider.  It just dawned on me that you are the same person that just recently asked “am I a Fauxtog” and felt forced to take down your website.  It could be possible that the “hate mail” you received over your recent inquiry , was actually due to you posting this tog’s image to be discussed here at YANAP.  Even though you stated that you felt it was a good photograph, and only wanted to have a discussion about props/candy corn, you still opened her images up for criticism, especially since you did not blur out her logo or try to protect her in any way.  Plus, look how you reacted and felt when your bio was discussed, and you were given good information on the business end of things as well as good solid advice and information and opinions on the photography end.  Possibly, this tog, or some friends of hers found out about this posting and lashed out at you, because they too do not understand critique or CC and how it works, and do not see it as a way to grow and improve just as you didnt.  instead took it as a personal dig to drag them down, and not as help,  like you did. Especially since the tog did not seek this criticism or opinions herself on her own behalf.  There are not many who participate regularly in this forum, but I’m pretty sure it’s read and followed by many more.  The people here who regularly participate, don’t seem the type to keep their opinions, harsh or not, private between tog to tog.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.