Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Any info would be helpful

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mnr1114
    Participant

Here is some of my work… have at it.

http://500px.com/megadidas

Worst Case Scenario
    Participant

I’ll assume you are just starting out?

The good news is that I love the sepia shot of the rose ( And I generally hate flowers pics) This shot is well exposed and nicely processed. The bad news is that all the others have faults and none of them really have any WOW! You also have a lot of very different types of shot so it’s not easy to give general advice. Why not pick out the one you like best and I’ll gladly let you know how to improve it.

IHF
    Participant

I agree, the rose picture is really the only one that works for me. Would it stand up against the other millions of rose pictures created out there? I don’t know. Possibly.
    What confuses me is you say you could see yourself a photojournalist, yet your pictures aren’t an attempt at photojournalism. That and the boudoir shots have a watermark with “photography by Noel”. Does this mean another photographer took the shots, or that you are soliciting portrait work under an alias of some sort?
    In either case it seems sort of fishy. Not saying you are up to no good, just that it adds inconsistency and a red faux flag for me. You might want to remove the watermark on these, or remove them from your port all together because they don’t quite belong, and quite frankly aren’t shot very well.

As a beginner amateur, just experimenting and finding your way… You go girl! Study that light! But, anything more than that… I’d have to say something more along the lines of “ummmm… No. Back up, slow down, and start getting serious about your lessons and put more effort into the basics”. If you would like me to take the time to go through each shot and give a through critique, I’d be more than happy to. Just say the word

cameraclicker
    Participant

I like flower pictures, but I’m not a fan of most monochrome photos.  Focus looks good and the drops are nice.  I would rather see a colour version though.  I see the rose everyone thinks is one of the best has that “Photography by Noel” watermark.  Like IHF, I’m wondering why the watermark doesn’t line up with the account showing the photo.

OK:  “Megan Amaon from California has 26 followers on Twitter and has sent 638 tweets.
    My name is megan but I go by noel and I have a sweet baby girl named Hailey. I am 21 and love photography but am studying to become a paralegal.”

Now that that’s cleared up, …

Photojournalists tend to end up taking photographs where people are shooting at them with real bullets.  Life as a paralegal may be more boring but is probably much safer.  That’s important to a single parent of a young child.  Perhaps later you can get into travel photography.

The photo of the shoe caught in the thong is dominated by a really ugly shoe.

http://500px.com/photo/56246592

Was that the intent?  Sadly, none of the boudoir shots are sexy.  Light, perspective and the pose all have to be good, and all three were missed.

The one I like best is the hallway

http://500px.com/photo/56123824

It needs a few minutes in a good editor, but I like the light, it has potential.

You are at the beginning.  Study the light.  Learn to see.  Practice.  It will come.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.