Home Forums Main YANAP Discussion Forum Amazon patents photography on a white seamless background

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    joehomeowner
    Participant
    EyeDocPhotog
    Participant

Here I am waiting on medical insurance carrier payments, and IP lawyers are collecting retainers from people who want to sweep sunshine off the roof.

cameraclicker
    Participant

Ah, America, land of the attorney.  And here I was under the impression you couldn’t patent something if the details were published before the patent was applied for, or if the details were sufficiently straightforward enough that almost anyone could figure them out.

Was this published April 1?

EyeDocPhotog
    Participant

It always takes a foreigner to point out those things concerning America which we, as CITIZENS, don’t have the good sense to investigate ourselves.

CC is correct. I looked up the patent law and it states, in pertinent part:

Any person who “invents or discovers any new and useful process, machine, manufacture, or composition of matter, or any new and useful improvement thereof, may obtain a patent,” subject to the conditions and requirements of the law.

So this patent seems to be contrary to law inasmuch as the concept of is not NEW.

Worst Case Scenario
    Participant

I’ve just patented spot colouring and white vignettes….. (sits back and waits for the cheques to roll in)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.