Home Forums Am I a Fauxtog? Am I a Fauxtog

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    camo.photography
    Participant

Hi!
    I’m completely new to this forum and just wanted to know wethere am i a fauxtog or not.
    ps.: sorry for my bad english, i am from Germany.

http://500px.com/camophoto

fstopper89
    Participant

I think you have a pretty solid portfolio. The one of the lion is way out of focus, I’d take that off of your portfolio. Your poses show a lot of emotion. Some have exposure and/or color issues but with minimal work I think they could be great. Do you charge for your services?

Intuition
    Participant

I thought the lion was terrible too, but it’s actually the thumbnail making it look horrible. In the Actual shot the lion is quite small, and is why it seems so bad in the blown up thumbnail. I just happened to click it to make sure 😀

cameraclicker
    Participant

The lion photo is not as good as the rest.  The trees look over processed.  The lion is small, in the centre of the frame, and the rock beside its head is burned out on top.  It has too much environment and not enough lion.  That shot needs a longer lens or a teleconverter.

The old tower beside the new office building needs adjustment, the vertical lines converge.  The easiest way to fix it is with Lens Correction in Adobe Camera Raw or Photoshop.  ACR’s tool is like the one in many packages, you adjust the slider and guess at the correct amount.  Photoshop’s version displays a grid so you can get the adjustment exact.

“buon giorno” would be better if you panned left 5 degrees, or enough to get the cropped in half sailboat out of the photo, and to remove about half the space between that boat and the one to the left of it.  You could still crop it like that to see.

If “Love” was shot raw, I would go back into either Canon’s DPP or ACR and try adding some fill light to bring out detail in his suit, particularly the left arm, then I would look at the noise to decide if it is worth the adjustment or not.

The rest look pretty solid.

mysteria_5x4
    Participant

I like the people shots a lot… could be biased because I’m a people-photographer. The one that’s called “Smile” is a very pleasant shot to look at, catchlights are in nice places, good pose and composition, and the vignette works well in bringing the focus on her. Very clean, sharp and well  done. “Moves Like Jagger” is very, very cool, nice moment, great capture – classic journalistic looking shot. The “Hands Up” shot is really cool too, it’s a shot that can do well in ads for fashion magazines perhaps. Cool pose, great capture. Overall, pretty nice portfolio! And with your people shots you’ve got a variety 🙂

soaringturkeys
    Participant

http://500px.com/photo/21406977

Work on your post processing. Your retouching is obvious.

http://500px.com/photo/13898493

You burnt her a little.

But yeah work on those technicals and you’ll be fine

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.