Home Forums Photography Showcase A Shot From Today

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dstone81
    Participant

This is a building that inspired me today.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/93828462@N02/8555327631/

dstone81
    Participant

Practice shots 3 035

I thought I had these in perfect focus but got home and realised they were soft.

dstone81
    Participant

Practice shots 3 035

I lightened it a bit.

kbee
    Participant

I quite like it, and the brightening up you did helped. I’m not a huge fan of sepia sort of tones, but it’s nevertheless an interesting shot! At first I didn’t realise you had shot it – since I’d looked through your portfolio before – but I do think you did well. My only nag is I would have probably kept in the corner of the building. It looks like it was cropped out accidentally, being just the tip of the edge. Apart from that, well done. 🙂

dstone81
    Participant

Yeah the angle I was at when I took the shot I accidently cut out the corner. I was so focused on lining the fire escape for following the rule of thirds I forgot to angle my camera more to the left. If I had angled it a tad more to the left it would have been perfect i think.  I want to go back to this building and take more shots. It was right at sunset so I was losing my light. I am proud of myself though because I took the shot in apature priority mode with manual focus.

dstone81
    Participant

Oh and thanks for the critiques. I am learning a lot. 🙂 I love the old timey feel of this picture and that is what I was going for when I shot it.

kbee
    Participant

Well, in my opinion, you’ve shown great improvement. It’s clear, sharp, and visually appealing to me, so good job. 🙂 Keep it up and definitely, feel free to go back and practice on it to get the framing and a different perspective on it.

You are definitely welcome. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.