Home Forums Let’s Talk Photography a lazy shot…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ebi
    Participant

well, tonight has inspired me to share a photo…an outtake actually. Take a look

http://i.imgur.com/mSD2SqN.jpg

I updated my iOS the other day and was delighted with the new features added.

I was shooting a job all day today but unfortunately my assistant had to leave early to drive home to PA for a funeral in the morning. Well, not early, he put in a whole 12 hours and I felt that it wasn’t fair to keep him on until 9pm tonight for a bar shoot that I could handle on my own.

When I got there the place was so dark that I needed to give this shot some light. The exposure was already insanely long and I just couldn’t compensate for the ambient shake from people walking around on the wood floor boards, the loud music, etc. But I also was freaking exhausted, also having worked over 12 hours at this point and couldn’t bring myself to bust out even a speedlight. It was so dark I couldn’t even get auto focus to detect. So I grabbed my iphone and launched the nifty little flashlight tool from the new “control center” to give me a little light so I could focus..and that is when I discovered that it actually makes a nice little light for this shot. In the end, I still wasn’t completely happy with this shot so I regrouped, got a second wind, busted out a strobe and lit it a little more professionally.

Still though, I never thought to use the iphone light as a source of light for anything other than trying to find my keys..nice to know.

…and now you’ve seen some of my work…sort of…

ebi
    Participant

whoops…fucked that up: http://imgur.com/AszEgWD

ebi
    Participant

i wish I could figure out how to embed images…

BCLC
    Participant

Looks Refreshing!! 😛

Bill
    Participant

@ebi – what is that? looks like a mojito, looks really good and tasty.

well the embedding worked for me on the visual side but when trying to post it here, it leaves the image out.

I always have trouble with this site embedding things like images and stuff like that ebi, your not alone.

Bill
    Participant

maybe this time

ebi
    Participant

It’s a Tomatillo Mary. Like a bloody mary, only sweeter and with Tomatillo’s. It’s freaking amazing and refreshing..Shot at a cocktail bar I shot for a magazine.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.