Home Forums Main YANAP Discussion Forum A fauxtog in the family, oh no!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Peska
    Participant

I’ve been studying photography for about a year now, and have been gradually switching artistic mediums from painting to photography.

I’ve started posting some of my work on social media – not advertising professionally, and certainly not presenting myself as a professional. One of my cousins has decided she’s “inspired” by me, has bought an entry-level DSLR, and put a post on Facebook today that she will take family portraits for $50, and include a CD.

*headdesk*

I know she shoots on auto, and worse, I know she’s only been using her DSLR for three weeks or so. I left a polite comment that she should feel free to give herself time to study and get comfortable with her camera’s features, and that there are a lot of situations where the auto setting just won’t give her what she needs. I don’t think there’s anything else I can do.

Anyone had luck gently dissuading a fledgling fauxtog?

ebi
    Participant

Sounds like what you’ve done is about all that can be done at the moment. Sometimes people just think they are better than they actually are. It’s not really affecting you so you don’t really need to be concerned. Just keep hitting your head on the desk…

learner
    Participant

at least, show her this website and tell her… if you do shit, you WILL be posted here! This should crap the shit out of her.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.