Home › Forums › Main YANAP Discussion Forum › Selling Old Gear › Reply To: Selling Old Gear
– Canon Rebel T3i body — $ 529.99 presently save $70, on sale, kit incl. 18-55 lens
– Canon EF-S 18-55mm lens
– Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4 lens — $249.99 presently save $110, on sale, f/4-5.6 lens
– Canon EF 50mm f1.8 lens — $119.99 presently $20 off, on sale
– Canon LP-E8 battery (selling 2 of them; I had a spare) — $ 69.99
– Canon camera bag — $59.99
– Hoya Pro 1D UV(0) 58mm lens filter — $59.99
– Tripod with carrying bag — you don’t say which tripod or bag, so $50 ’cause the two I bought with bags cost that, each
When I add that all together I get: $1139.94
Tax is $148.19
Total is $1288.13
So, I fudged a little on the bag and tripod because detail was sketchy, but prices are from Henry’s web page today. I think the bag must be a smaller size, and the tripod must be a lighter model, or you would be keeping them along with the flash.
How much would someone be willing to pay for used gear, instead of new with a full warranty? I don’t know. That’s probably why I still have almost all my old cameras, bags, tripods, and other stuff. But I still find a lot of it to be useful and will argue that it is more useful to me to have it in a drawer where I can pull it out when I want to, than the little money I would get by selling it. And, I know it’s history.
If you are picking up a lens, you should know the major stores do price matching. It is worth a minute to check Aden, Henry’s, Merkle Camera, and Vistek, web pages to price most items before handing over your credit card. Print the web page showing the item at a better price and take the page with you. Henry’s will even adjust the price a week later in most cases.